Chapter 36

Our flight to Los Angeles was uneventful until we landed. Before we got off the plane, Jake wanted to talk to us. “I have been told that Niall, you need to wait in the airport until the rest of the team with the other guys get here in a couple of hours. They want the band to all leave at the same time. That way you have more protection from the people waiting outside and so there will be pictures of the band together. They have a room set aside for you can wait in. I am going to take Erin and Riley to the hotel now however. Hopefully no one sees us as we leave. This way, no one can sees Erin and Riley then you leaving the same place shortly after until you make the announcement.”

“Are they going to be okay with them?” Niall questioned Jake. “They mean everything to me.”

“This is my job Niall. I am more than capable of protecting them. We have a car waiting just outside for us. Don’t worry, I will take care of your family.”

“Are you sure you can handle this?” Niall directed to me.                

I put my hands on his shoulders and gave them a slight squeeze. “Niall, I took care of him for the first ten months of his life mostly by myself. I think I can handle the next few hours without you. And no one is going to even know I’m here, so we will be fine. Plus I have Jake. We’ll just go to the hotel and chill for awhile. Okay?” I rubbed my fingers through the hair on the back of his neck to calm him.

“Fine. I will see you soon and I love you.”

“Love you too.” I gave him a quick kiss and he said goodbye to Riley before Jake led us out of the airport.

We escape the airport unnoticed, slipped into the waiting car and headed to the hotel. We went to our room and waited for everyone else to arrive. I put Riley down for a nap and decided to read a little while I waited for Niall. I didn’t get far into the first chapter before Niall started to text me. He was stuck at the airport in a room all by himself. There was nothing for him to do so he got bored quite quickly. So I spent a good part of the time we waited talking to him anyway.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV when three hours later the door to our room was opening and Niall joined us. “How’s it going, was he good?”

“He was fine. Took a nap when we first got here, then ate, and now he’s playing on the floor. Pretty uneventful. How was the airport?”

“Boring as hell. I had nothing to do and then I got hungry. Anyway management wants to meet with us in an hour to go over what’s going to happen the next couple of days.” He joined me and sat down next to me. “Since we have some time, let’s just cuddle together.”

“Well then you will have to come closer won’t you?” I smiled at him as he pulled me closer to his body. We cuddled together on the couch and watched Riley play.

We waited around the room until we had to walk down the hallway and meet with the members of management. We knocked on the door and were told to sit down. We both sat down and Niall held Riley in his lap and gave him a toy to keep him quiet while we talked.

When we were settled, a man spoke, “So tomorrow Niall you have a photo shoot here in the hotel and then you head to a TV studio to do an interview for a late night talk show. We think that will be the best time for you to tell everyone.”

“Okay, how do you want me to do it?”

“We will make sure the interviewer asks you about your relationship and then you can tell them however you want. We will let the two of you decide. There have been pictures of the two of you together on the internet and people are curious so they will bring it up.” Niall nodded. “And Erin, we want you and Riley to stay here this time. We don’t want you seen leaving the hotel together until after the announcement is out. And the interview won’t air until tomorrow night so we don’t want you to be together yet.”