Chapter 74

It was a cool Sunday afternoon with nothing for us to do. Niall had his legs stretched across the couch so his feet could rest in my lap as he iced his leg. He held Finley in his lap as he bounced up and down. Riley played on the floor with Charlie.

Just then there was a knock at the front door. I lifted Niall's feet enough so I could slide out from under him to see who it was. After crossing through the living room, I approached the door and looked out before deciding if I should open. Not expecting any visitors today I was surprised when I found a man sized bunny standing outside our door waving at me. Opening it slowly, I stepped outside. "I don't think we were expecting the Easter Bunny today," I said still confused. That was until the 'Easter Bunny' hugged me, because to matter what he did, he could never disguise his hug. "What are you doing Harry?"

He didn't answer but rather gave me a thumbs up as he walked through the open door and into the house. And that's when I heard the excited screams from Riley. "Easter Bunny! You bring presents?" Harry knelt down so he was more at Riley's level before he pulled out a basket from behind his back. Riley cheered in excitement as he saw the new toys and candy in front of him. He instantly started to dig through it.

"I'm going to send him to your house tonight when he doesn't sleep because of the sugar high he's going to have," I directed at Harry. He just shrugged his shoulders but I'm sure he had a huge grin under his mask.

Harry started to point to the backyard so I peered out the window and could see multiple colored eggs scattered around. "Riley it looks like the Easter Bunny left you some eggs in the backyard that we better go pick up." He came running to the window where I was looking out and pressed his hands and face against it. He was so excited that he was about to run out before I stopped him. "We need to put a coat and shoes on first before we can go outside. But we should tell the Easter Bunny thank you and give him a hug before he leaves."

Riley quickly ran to Harry and wrapped his arms tightly around his neck. "Thank you Easter Bunny!"

And as quickly as he came, he was gone.

After emptying his basket out, and getting a jacket on him, Riley ran outside and began to gather his Easter eggs. Niall had Finley on his hip as we stood outside and watched him collect them. "Did you know Harry was going to do this?" I asked Niall.

"No, he didn't tell me anything. I mean he asked if we were going to be home today but never said why he cared."

"Well Riley sure seems to be enjoying it."

Once he had collected all the eggs, we went inside so he could begin to open them and discover what treasures were on the inside. "Look mommy," Riley said as he carried a purple egg towards me.

"What do you have there?"

"Paper."

"Paper? Let me see." I took the egg from him and pulled out the small note on the inside and read it. All the love. H.

"What it say mommy?"

"The Easter Bunny just wanted to tell you he loves you and to not eat all you candy at once."

"Love Bunny too," he replied before running back to his pile of stuff on the floor.

After he had eaten his weight in candies and sweets, Riley curled up with me on the couch. Niall had gone to the kitchen to get himself a snack. When he returned, he was carrying a bowl of popcorn while he sang a song I'm pretty sure he was making up while he went and was dancing the most ridiculous dance even.

"What are you doing?"

"Dancing, what does it look like?" He asked offended.

"It looks like you may be going crazy."