Cute Confessions | Armin x Reader

Prompt- Armin confessed his crush to the reader

Armin had always been shy, from growing up in Shiganshina all the way to joining the Cadet Corps, the blonde was naturally timid and didn't enjoy confrontation. That's why when he worked out his feelings for you he did all he could hide them- though anyone could see the obvious blush that formed on his face when you came around. Well, everyone but you of course. Eren and Mikasa did their best to get him to tell you, even begging for him to confess to you only for him to refuse indefinitely. Armin knew he had to do it on his own, without the help of others and because he wanted to, not because others told him to.

Months passed until he finally worked up the courage to ask you out, and you can bet he was a nervous mess. He was dressed in a nice suit but still very nervous, so much so that he pulled at his collar every few seconds. Eren, Jean, and Connie tried to calm him down as Mikasa and Crista lead you unknowingly to him but it didn't seem to help much.

"Dude calm down. She's totally into you. Everything will be fine. Plus if it's not I can always swoop in an sweep the damsel off her feet." Connie said before yelping at Jeans hand smacking the backside of his head.

"Don't listen to that moron Armin, everything will be fine. You look nice and she's sure to fall in love if she hasn't already." Jean reassured him before Eren added in.

"Yeah, listen to horse face." he said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Hey! Don't call me-"

"They're coming!"

The three boys hurried away as Armin took a deep breath, which was futile and flew out of his mouth as soon as you rounded the corner. The girls hadn't dressed you up in anything overly fancy but that didn't matter to Armin. You were stunning. He walked to you, smiling.

"Armin? The girls said that they wanted to do something with me but they just disappeared and-"

"I asked them to bring you here." He said shyly, picking at the edges of his fingernails nervously. "I just thought that it might be best idea but now that I think about it it could seem a little weird and I totally understand if you-"

"Armin. It's okay. Calm down. Everything's fine."

"Right." he took a deep breath.

"Now, why did you want them to bring me here?"

"I-I was um... hoping I could talk to you."

"Okay. About what?" Armin's eyes stared at the floor while he nervously began to explain.

"Well um recently- no, for a while actually- i've been having these feelings and I want to tell you because I think I might have a crush on you. And I totally understand if you don't see me that why but I was sorta-kinda hoping you could atleast accept them. Although I do see why you wouldn't and you might just want to remain friends or maybe avoid me completely after this but I-"

"Armin." you grabbed his hands, holding them as his eyes met yours. "Your ranting. It's okay. I accept you feelings. In fact, I return them. I like you too Armin."

"Y-You do?" the shock on his face and in his eyes made your heart melt.

"Yes. I do."

He was in shock. All he could do was stare.

"I-I never imagined you returning my feelings I mean I- I just..." he trailed off.

Then, unexpectedly, he hugged you. Pulling you into his arms he buried his head in your neck.

"I was ready for rejection." He sighed with relief. "I never imagined that I'd get so lucky." He pulled you out away from he quicly, holding you at arms length with an intense look on his face. "You mean it? You really mean it?" A nod was all it took for him to pull you back into him.

When he finally released you he still didn't let go of your hand, instead holding it as he spoke again.

"Y/n. The entire time i've know you you've been so kind and beautiful. Every part about you intrigues me. Your so wonderfully perfect and i'd love to stay by your side if you'll let me. Y/n, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

"Yes. Yes of course." Armin went to hug you again but this time you had another idea, instead setting your lips on his.

Your hands held his head as his arms wrapped around your waist, creating a perfect moment in time.

a/n- i don't wanna get y'all excited but i'm hoping to post more often now. I needed a little fluff in my life so present to you - flustered armin tahdah!

anyway- how are y'all?:)