Chapter thirty nine - Talk

Margaret POV

"Hmmm!" I said while nodding my head still confused on why I am being summon here.

Coach looked at me with a serious eyes. I was about to ask him why I am here but he beat me to it.

"Well I just want to talk to you about one certain player of mine. I hope you won't mind what will I am going to say to you. But it's the common good for everyone, especially for you!" He said and I looked at him confused this time.

"What do you mean?" I said as I can't hold back myself asking him.

"Matthew is a very good kid. Raise by a good family and well off. I am sure you knew about it right? Mostly girls like to flirt with him aside from his looks, but also the money he have!"

"I am even more confused here! Can you please tell me directly what do you want to say to me?" I snapped since I am liking the tone of his voice he given me.

"What I am trying to say to you is that you are no good for him. A girl like you wants only his money right? Then please walk away you don't bring good to him. Ever since he acquainted himself to you. He became different. He has no dreams at all. All he wants is to talk about you and so on. I love that child, he has potential. As a coach I am protecting his life , his future and career. So while it's not that deep. Leave him!" He said to me and I can feel my blood rushing through my body.

"You know it's insulting how you put it that way. But I don't use him because of his money...!" He cut my sentence from me.

"Not use? I know how he takes you to date. That he spoiled you rotten. I am not against that but his concentration is fading. And as of now I know we will lose this game because of him. And that's because of you!" He said.

"I will leave him alone! If that how you see it through that I bring bad luck to your team. Thank you for the kind reminder Sir. But I want to set things clear here. Whoever inform you about he take me to date then I can say he/she must have really gone too much. But then again thank you and I don't worry I will leave your player alone!" I said as I stand up and collect my bags walking straight away from that guy.

I saw Chloe looking at me with a confused eyes. She opened her mouth to ask but I ignore her and I walked pass her.

I saw Cole and Matthew approaching us, cover with sweats and dirt. The looked on there face said it all that whatever that coach inside said is true. They lose today's game.

I don't know why but I feel guilty about it. If coach that I only bring distraction to him then I don't think we are good together.

Matthew smiled to me while taking off his helmet.

"Hey thank you for wearing my hoodie! I am happy you are here but I am sorry that we lose the game. Don't worry next time I'll make sure we will win!" He said to me and he hugged me.

I patted his back and trying to act like natural. I watched as coach stared at the two of us.

"By the way babe, what are you doing inside coach office?" He asked me suddenly.

"Nothing!" I answered him. "Can we talk?" I asked him.

I know that he senses my different vibes as he looked at me with wary. He nodded at me.

"I'm going to wash first then we can go then talk on the way!" He said and I nodded at him.

Then he turned away and made way to the locker room. I went beside Chloe whose also waiting for Cole at the bench sitting.

"What did the coach said to you?" She asked me when I finally settled in the seat next to her.

"He wants me and Matthew to break up!" I told her without prior delay.

"Huh?" She said with a shocked.

"Yeah! That's why I am going to talk to h about it. I don't want anyone to think that I hinder him. Anyway we are in trial period. One more week and it's third week to finish our trial relationship. !" I said to her making her shocked and confused.

"I don't think he will like the idea! Knowing him. You know he really like you!"

"Chloe I don't like people insulting me that I am no good for him. That I am far from his status. Worst even calling me opportunist! It's not like we are going to last anyway!" I told him.

"You should think about it Cuz. That guy loves you so badly. I don't think he will react good on this. I am sure he will against the idea of him and you breaking up!" She said to me and I shake my head."

"My decision is final Chloe. I don't want things like this. Especially when my mom knows about this. I would rather die than my mom will knew this. She will never stop ranting at me!" I said to her.

Then the door of the locker room opened revealing Cole and Matthew walked in our way. From the looks of it something is bugging the two since they have unusual look on their faces.

"Ready?" Matthew said to me and I nodded.

He then hold hand just like he always do. We walk together hand in hand in our way to the parking lot. I saw a lot of girls looking in our direction. Some are still shocked, some are never bother to hide their flirty smile for him. But Matthew never waver nor look into them. He just hold my hand walk still and never bother to respond for them.