CHAPTER SIXTY TWO - BREAKFAST

Margaret POV

Yesterday Matthew went to my house unannounced. I was beyond shocked as I already told him that we are just going to meet in some place. But of course being that hard headed guy he will never listen.

After he went home but not before he tucked Sofia to bed. Yes he spent the whole day with us. Sofia's beyond happy. I know what it feels like to have one since it's what I felt when my father appeared in front of me and announced that I am his daughter.

So today when she woke up she couldn't stop asking about him. Like how we meet and when she will meet him again. I didn't realize that deep inside she's longing for a father.

After I heard her telling her father how much she wanted to have one. My heart squeezes as I can't help but to feel pity for my daughter. She's such a strong little girl. Never once has she told me that she wants a father.

So yeah right now here we are in the kitchen cooking pancakes for breakfast. Thank God I don't have a hectic schedule today as I still spend my time with her in the morning..

Just then I heard my front door bell and j hurriedly went to see who's the intruder. I groaned as I saw a familiar face who barged yesterday at the same time.

"Not again!" I said as I opened my door.

He only threw a smile on me. Ignoring my protest. Just then I heard my daughter squeal behind me.

"Daddy you're here!" She said as she flew herself to him. Good thing Matthew has good reflexes and a well built body. He can easily lift her with no sweats at all.

"Hey there little girl! Daddy missed you!" He said as he kissed her cheeks lovingly.

"Me too!" My daughter replied and I can't help but to feel happy.

At least she has someone other than me and my father now. She used to ask me why I don't have much of a circle but I told her that I am just busy with work. Truthfully I am afraid that Matthew or someone he knows might know about us.

"What are you both doing early in the morning? I can smell sweet in you baby girl!" Matthew said as he playfully divided his nose to his daughter, smelling her, making her giggle.

"Me and Mommy making pancakes for breakfast!"Sofia said.

"Really what a good timing. I haven't eaten my breakfast yet!" He said as making his daughter's eyes glitter with joy.

"That's great dad! We can have breakfast together!" She said as she clapped her hands.

Then they both went to the kitchen without my consent. I huffed as annoyance as I know this will always be scene from my house from now on.

"What are you frowning at?" Matthew said as he grabbed one apron and wore it. I raised my eyebrows at him.

Matthew on apron? That something new huh?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked me. While his daughter keeps babbling non stop on the other side.

"Nothing!" I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Nah I know it's not nothing. Come on, tell me!" He said persistently.

"Just shocked that you wear an apron ok?" I said as I finally admitted it.

"What's the matter with that?"

"Well you're a physical type of man. Usually they don't like wearing that!" I said as I gesture at him.

"Hahahaha..  nah as I said when it comes to the both of you I will do anything!" He said and wink at me.

"Daddy you're not paying attention!" My daughter said as she asked her father for attention.

"Sorry! Baby girl it's just mommy is so talkative!" He said and glared at him.

"Mommy can you please make the table ready? I will teach dad how to cook pancakes!" She said proudly.

At an early age I already taught her how to cook. Now she can make pancakes on her own. I am so proud of her.

"Ok" I said as I went to the table and arranged it.

Not for long the two graced the dining room with a platter of pancakes on their hands.

"Mommy, it looks so beautiful and delicious!" My daughter said, making me smile.

"Yeah.. good job baby girl!" I said to her,

"Oh Dad, help me mom. He is so super good at flipping pancakes!"

I heard Matthew laugh when my daughter commented about him.

"Flipping pancakes is a bit easier than flipping someone on the field!" He said while putting the pancakes on the table.

"What do you want, coffee , tea or Milk?" I asked him.

"What about you?" He said

"I love coffee!" I answered.

"I mean can I have you instead!" Making my cheeks heat up from his sudden attack.

"Not again Matthew!" I said as I sat beside my daughter.

"So what are you both doing today"

"I am going to school, dad. It's Monday meaning it's school time!"

"How about you?" He asked while I devoured the pancakes in my mouth.

"Work!" I said

"Dad, can you send me to school with mommy?" My daughter asked her father.

"Of course!"

"Yes! I will surely brag to my classmates since they keep telling me that I don't have a dad. Now I can finally show them I have a dad!" She said happily.

"They bully you? Whose children is that?" Matthew said with a frown visible on his face.

"Just my classmate's dad!"

"Nope I won't tolerate someone bullies my daughter. I am going to talk to the principal about it!" That made me shake my head on him.

"Haizt don't exaggerate, ok?" I said to him,

"Wait till my parents know about this. Especially my mom, she will freak out!" He said and I can't help but to agree.

Yesterday we had a facetime with his parents since they are both in another country. Doing some sort of business. While having facetime they keep telling my daughter and asking her what she likes. Good thing she only like simple things. But knowing his mom. I don't think she will buy something simple.

She keeps gushing about how beautiful Sofia is. And how she's going to spoil her to death. Right now I can imagine how spoiled my daughter will be.