CHAPTER SEVENTY FIVE - VACATION BREAK

Margaret POV

One thing I know is that I wanted to run away from this. Just for a day maybe a week perhaps. It's been a hell of a day for me. I have been thinking a lot which I don't even want to think about right now.

When I finished my schedule I decided to go to the office and asked for a couple of days leave. It's the first time ever since I got to work here to ask for a leave. Good thing they didn't ask details into why but I just said that I want a moment for a rest and relaxation for me and my daughter.

I know dad will be sad about hearing this. And I know he won't come with us since he is very busy with his business.

Ever since I became a mom I never had time to relax. All I have to do is work and something the past me would laugh about. So I decided to go to the place where my mom used to live. The place where she grew up with her family.

I texted Chloe not to tell Matthew if he asked where we were going. I just want a moment, it's not like I can run from this forever. I know eventually that I need to face him but for now I need time for myself.

I glanced at my daughter who was sleeping peacefully in the back of my car. Then I put on the ignition and started the car so I could be out of this place for some time.

But before I could go far my phone rings and I see Matthew's name flashing on it. I just let it be and didn't bother to take the call. But of course he is very persistent and keeps calling me. I groaned as I parked my car on the safest side of the road. Answering the phone while driving is not my cup of tea since I don't want to get into an accident and most importantly not with my daughter with me. I can't afford to do that.

"Yes?" I answered

"What's the meaning of this?" I heard Matthew's voice in a husky but in a frantic way.

"What?"

"Don't forget me, woman. The moment I entered the house I found no one and then I saw something in here. I think you know something that I should know!" He said to me, confused.

"What nonsense are you spouting?" I said angrily at him.

"Where are you?" This time he shouted at me.

"I will hang up now!" I said to him,

"No! Tell where you are? Please!" He said to me,

"You are crazy!" I said to him,

"I know you are pregnant again. Please don't hide again!" He said to me and I swear this time I can feel him shaking.

"What? How did you know?" I asked him.

"I saw the test in the washroom. Please tell me where you are. Please? Let me see you!" He said he was in pain.

"Matthew, yes I am pregnant again but let me be for now. I promise I will be back. I just need some time alone!"

"Alone? No! I won't leave you alone. Please take me with you!"

"Matthew please I just need to relax. These past few days have been taking a toll on me. It's stressing me and it's not good for the baby. So please I promise I will be back and we will talk about this ok?" I said as I tried to calm down.

"Please just take me with you. I won't disturb your promise! I need to take care of you and the our babies!' he said and if the situation is not like this I would really love to.

"Matthew I told you no? Just take care of yourself for now. I promise I will come back!" I said as I hung up. I don't want to stay longer talking to him since I know for a few moments I will give in to him.

I started my car again but the sound of my phone kept buzzing so I decided to turn it off for now. I know he will never give up and will keep ringing my phone till he gets me to give up.

After a long drive I finally landed at my destination. Thankfully we arrived well and safe. I looked into my daughter again while rubbing her eyes and looking around.

"Where are we mommy?" She asked me.

"It's your grandma's home land!'' I said to her,

"Really? Wow! It's nice mommy!' she said while I helped her get outside the car.

I saw my aunt Vanessa running out from the house. She smiled at me when she spotted me.

"Hey!" She said and looked at me and my daughter.

"Chloe said you will be here. I didn't know it's true!" She said with a smile " that girl always plays pranks on me!" She laughed.

"Hi!" My daughter said to her,

"Awww she is so cute! Come to aunt Vanessa. I bake a lot of cookies. It's been your mom and aunt Chloe's favorite ever since they are young!"

"It's my favorite too!" My daughter chirped in.

They both went inside the house leaving me taking the baggage. I smiled as I embraced the homely feeling when I entered the house. It is filled with photos of my mom and her family. How I wish I could turn back the hands of time. I know my mom will be happy seeing my daughter.

She's literally a ball of sunshine. My mom would probably spoil her. Well I will never stop her though. My mom even though she's all alone raising me but I can feel how she love me.