CHAPTER SEVENTY -THREE - DOOMED

Matthew POV

Gathering all my strength as I step towards her house. I know there's a chance that my heart will break at any moment. Every step I take makes my heart heavier. But I need to face her wrath whether she's angry, mad or sad about the news about Kendall last night.

Last night, my team and I agreed to have a gathering in the bar including our coach too. I just wanted to have a formal talk with them. Since I got in an accident I was advised by my doctor, none other than my girlfriend. She said I need to rest for one season then maybe come back later. Of course I agreed, everything she will say I will agree except maybe she will ask for a break, that's something I can't agree with.

We drank, ate and had a good time talking. They even congratulated me about having a daughter. It was unexpected for them to hear the news but I said it's true and I want to be a father and a husband sooner the better.

They all laughed at me.

The most sought playboy is planning to settle down and plus with a baby too. But it's been my ultimate goal compared to always winning the championship. It's nice to wake up in the morning and come home with the same woman. Especially if it's her I would do anything for it.

"So when are we going to meet your girl?" My coach as he stopped laughing at me.

"Maybe next time! I will let you meet her!"

"Ohh come on! I bet she's beautiful!"

"You didn't see the pictures running on the internet?" One of my teammates said.

"Well just saying!!"

"You all saw my wife right? They are cousins, you know!" Cole chimed

"Woah.. so the two best friends have the same taste in girls?" One of the boys said.

"Nah… both are totally opposite!" Cole said.

"Really?"

"Yeah…!"

"I will let you meet her ok? Just chill boys and please don't scare my girl or I will kill you!'

"Hahahaha we won't! We are just wondering how the playboy captain wants to settle down with her!" Joe grinned.

"Is she sexy?"

"Super…!" I answered.

"WOW!"

"Ok, let's change the topic. For now I will hand Cole my position as your team captain. So please listen to him!'

"Are you going to cheer on us in our next game?" Coach said with a smile.

"Maybe!"

"Oh come on"

"Hahahahah.. I won't worry dude!"

"Bring your girl!"

"Sure I will invite her!"

"And your daughter!"

"Hahahaha sure! You surely want to meet my family huh?"

"Of course! Captain!!" They all answered.

Well as I said I can't blame them. I was changing girls like I changed my underwear.

After that I remembered I told Cole that I am going home. Since I want to be with my family.
But I am just on the way to the exit door. I saw Kendall spotted me and she looked at me with her eyes scanning me from head to toe. She's giving me a stare that every football player would love to see.

But I don't do such a thing for now. Maybe the previous me would jump on the opportunity but the current me? Nah.. I am good! I would rather stay in my family's presence than be around girls.

"Baby, you're here!" She said as she came closer to me. Her hands went to my arms but I swatted it away. I don't want anyone to see me and her in the same picture again.

"Baby!" She gasped as she looked at me with fake eyelashes battling at me. I almost gagged when she stick her tongue and likc her lips tempting me.

"I need to go!" I said to her but she held me again.

"Come on baby! I know you are with someone. But at least for one last time you know hold me like I belong to you!"

"First I don't belong to you Kendall. Second, we are not even together in the first place. So please get off so I can be with my girl!" I said.

"Please just one more drink? What could possibly go wrong? When you already had a drink right?" She said and she offered me a glass of alcohol.

I was contemplating whether to take it or not but I choose to take it since it's the last time I want to be with this woman. One more drink what could possibly go wrong right?

I took it and sipped it all in one go. After that, I did not remember what happened. The next thing I know I woke up in the morning, feeling my head want to break into two. But once I shifted at my side I felt a body moving besides me. Just then my eyes snapped to it and I saw Kendall looking at me with a sly smile on her face.

"What the fuck?" I hissed at her as I narrowed my eyes on her.

"Baby! You do realize baby that we just fuck the whole night right?" She said to me and hugged my arms but I shook it off.

"Don't play games with me. I don't even remember what happened?" I said as I got up and I swear I just can't believe that I am naked beneath those sheets.

"What really happened?" I mumbled to myself as I went inside the washroom. I cleaned myself , grabbed my clothes and headed out. I didn't even talk to Kendall anymore cause I don't want to hear her bullshits.

Just as I exited the room I was being surrounded by a bunch of reporters. Then Kendall went out with a blanket wrap around her body.

"Baby?" She called to me and I closed my eyes as I watched the reporters taking pictures of us.

That moment I know I am doomed!