CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT - Envelope

Matthew POV

I trail down the road to my house. It's been a month that I haven't paid visit to my parents. Ever since the game it's the last time I saw them. I just don't like the way my mom treated my girlfriend.

She keeps throwing a bad look for her. I know it's not me who felt it since I sense that Mags keeps twisting on her seat. We are in the restaurant after winning the game. My parents told me that we will have celebration and we will eat in our favorite restaurant instead.

She doesn't even recognize her as my girlfriend. She won't talk to her or address her properly so I can't stand it anymore. And I told her something I don't even know I say to my mom.

"Mom stop doing that?" I said as I looked at her with my eyes wide open.

"What did I do?" She asked innocently like she didn't do something wrong.

"Mom stop throwing that kind of stares at her. Please!"

"That's enough! So dear are you in the same year with my son?" My father asked her and she smile though I can clearly see that she's still tense.

"Yeah... !" She said softly while deeply inhaling a deep sigh.

"Ohh that's nice. You better both graduate first ok? I mean I want to be grandpa but I want both of you to fullfil your dreams first!" My dad said and I shake my head at him.

"Dad stop that. You're embarrassing me!" I said to him.

"What? I do want a grandchild kid. But I think I still young! Hahahahah...!" My dad said and laugh.

My dad on the other hand is totally opposite to my mom. He's very welcoming and gentle. I always salute his calm personality and the way he always handled the situation.

No wonder the people always choose to vote for my dad as their mayor. I am so proud of how he become though sometimes I hate it when he doesn't have time for me and my mom.

As far as I remembered during my high school I always in Cole house since our house is always empty. It felt like it's no longer a house anymore for me.

After my dad became mayor he always busy doing political thing. And my mom also became famous fashion designer.

Yes, I always heard how my classmates or friends says how lucky I am to have such wonderful parents. A parents with strong combination of both power and wealth.

But they didn't know the price it paid. How much I wanted to be normal life again. Where I can see my mom cooking in the kitchen while dad is at home doing something at the house.

After few minutes I arrived at our house and I saw the same light that I always look when I was young. Though it's not as glowy anymore.

Our house is not like those mansion type. It's just modern house with beautiful structure.

I park my car and I went inside

I park my car and I went inside. Of course Nana Bell is always there to greet me with a big smile of course.

"Oh glad you are here. I made your favorite chocolate pudding!" She said after hugging me.

"Great! Can you spare some and put it in a storage Nana? I want my girlfriend to taste your delicious pudding!" I said to her and she her smile grows even more.

"Really? You have a girlfriend? Why didn't you take her with you?" She asked and I shake my head.

"Maybe other time Nana. I bet you like her. She's very beautiful and simple!" I said

"Hahahaha she must be very special since she captured your very illusive heart!" She said with a playful wink.

"Yeah . Yeah...! She's very special kind Nana. Oh I will go ahead Mom called me and asked me to be here. Do you have any idea why?" I asked her since it's rare that my mom called me very urgently.

"No, but she told me if you arrive. I will tell you to go directly to her office!" She said and I nod at her as I went to direction of my mom office.

I knocked on her door and went inside. I saw her sitting on her usual sit. I went to her and kiss her cheeks lovingly.

"Take a seat son!" She said to me and I nodded at her.

"Why did you called to me like that mom? I thought something is wrong. Are you ok.?" I asked her with a lot of worry.

"Yes I am ok honey! I just called you because  there's something I want to tell rather I want to give you!" I looked at her in confusion.

"Huh? I don't understand mom?"

"Here!" She said and she hand me an white envelope.

"What's this mom?" I asked as I felt something is not right.

"Go ahead and take a look what's inside!"

"Mom if you did something crazy please don't!" I asked her.

"Of course not! Just take a look what's inside and you will know!" She said gesturing to the envelope in my hand.

I slowly open the envelope. Just when my eyes spot what's inside of it. My heart stops beats for a moment. It feels like my heart shattered into pieces.

"I asked someone to check about your girlfriend. Since I doubt her from just first sight. Her looks can't be trusted son. I know something is wrong with her. I am sorry that I didn't ask permission to you to dig about her. I just want to protect you. You're my one and only son. I don't want you to be with someone who doesn't have dignity!" She went on and on but I can't hear her any longer.

What I can hear is sound of my heart being stab and shattered at the moment I saw the photos inside the envelope.

Then I walked away from that place and keep the envelope with me.