What If: Meeting The Guardian Of Civilization

Gazing at the stars, as I drank my can of coffee, feeling the cold breeze hitting my face.

My cheeks had hurt a bit.

Breaking up with Kei isn't easy for her mental health huh?

Seeing that the last special exams will be coming up in about a week, and since I didn't want to break up with her on the day of our graduation, I optimally chose this option of just laying out the facts and giving it to her straight.

"Still... Her slap hurts..." I muttered as I carressed it gently.

Guess I should go home.

Walking along the path, slowly as the clouds above my head covers the night sky full of stars, hinting that it was about to rain.

I didn't really wanted to go home yet so I didn't hurry my way home.

Droplets of raindrops, drops at a time, slowly but surely it increased in intensity.

Still walking not hastening my pace, arrived in a place that has a lamp post, I leaned forward, sat myself down in front of it and buried my face into my knees.

I wasn't hurt emotionally, yes I was... Just disappointed that it didn't affect me whatsoever.

Do I really have no hope?

Seeing as every hope seems lost, I should just give up, enjoy the last days of my freedom while it lasts, and go back to that god forsaken place.

Staying in my position for about half an hour.

My whole body is doused wet, cold air was being exhaled from my body, I wasn't shivering, but I did know that my body temperature was becoming colder.

It was bad to get a cold at a time like this.

But I didn't want to move yet.

I wanted to stay like this for a little bit longer.

"Hey."

Hearing a voice so near me, I groggily made my face look upwards.

Seeing a girl who was cosplaying, she had a brown coat that covers her torso, a skirt, weirdly enough she has a dagger by her side.

"What's wrong? You look troubled?"

The girl asked.

I was more weirded out by her outfit, but now that I gazed at her face, she was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life.

"You might be facing some problems but punishing yourself for it isn't right."

-what do you know?

I wanted to retort.

" "What do you know" is what is on your mind right now, am I right?"

I was a bit surprised, but turned cautious at her words.

"Don't be like that, highschoolers at your age shouldn't be too careful."

"What's your intentions?"

"I was just trying to help."

She said those words smiling gently at me as she handed me a handkerchief.

Accepting it, I wiped my face off.

I didn't want her to get cold while she wanted to help me, she did look suspicious, but it wasn't really a reason to abandon my manners when she could be innocent.

I opened my bag and handed her an umbrella.

"Ah, there's no need."

I tilted my head at her response to me handing her an umbrella.