26

"Yes, I will help you."

        "Y-you'll really help me?" Aisha blurt out; her lips forming a wide smile, a smile a child would make after reuniting with their mother in the grocery store.

        "I'm not doing this for you." Speka kept her voice calm and steady. "I'm doing this because there could be a slim chance of this lizard knowing grandpa's whereabouts."

        "I-I see." Aisha tries to hide her excitement with a more mono-toned voice. "W-well thanks for the help anyways." She smiled sheepishly at Speka.

        Speka's eyes widen at Aisha's gesture. I can't help but smile at the spark in Speka's eyes, for once Speka appears to be shocked and even happy at Aisha's gesture. The once thick tension is now replaced with a lighter atmosphere as the sisters' hatred for one another weakens its grip.

        Elsword clears his voice loudly, catching the attention for both sisters," I hate to interrupt the touching moment." Aisha and Speka roll their eyes in response. "But how do you two plan on getting some dirt out of the lizardman?" Was he listening at all? 

        "We'll simply be performing an old spell, once used by royal guards to force out information from prisoners." Aisha began. "You can think of it as a form of hypnosis, the victim will not recall the information they've leaked out."

        "However," Speka cuts in. "This spell is not easy to perform, that is why it requires more than one caster."

        "This also means the session will not last long, so you must ask the question quickly before we exhaust ourselves out." Aisha concluded. She tucks a piece of tray hair behind her ear," that'll also mean we'll be useless if that mage decides to come back."

        "We'll deal with him if he does shows up." Eve reassured the sisters. "Your job is to get information out of the lizard, so please do not worry about anything else."

        Speka nods," I guess we should get started." She cracked her knuckles loudly. "Don't expect me to help you further after this, Aisha." She spat her name out coldly.

        Aisha's eyes narrowed slightly on Speka," don't worry, I don't plan on asking for your help ever again." And once again that thick tension between them is back. These guy can't go five minutes without getting each other upset.

        "Such a shame, for a moment they seemed to have forgiven each other." I whispered softly to myself. Chung snorts loudly beside me - I send him a nasty glare in return.

        "You ready?" Aisha asked her twin; she holds out her hand towards her.

        Speka wraps her hand around her sister's," let's get this over with." She grunted.

        Together the twins, with joined hands, turned to face the unconscious lizard. Taking a final glance toward one another they began to chant in a strange language. We instinctively take a step back as a large magic circle forms beneath the sisters and lizard. The hairs on the back of my neck rose at the amount of magic present; I can hear Yang growling at the uncomfortable change in atmosphere.

        A strong current of wind circled around the casters and lizard, picking up a cloud of dust in the process. Aisha and Speka gradually raise their voices, with each word spoken the magic circle grew brighter and stronger. I squint my eyes to shield myself from the light and tornado of dust as Aisha and Speka spoke the last word; their unified voices blending into one. A shock wave abruptly hit us shortly afterwards; knocking us all down.

        A tense pause follows shortly after, I quietly counted each second passing by. The silence seemed to drag on, I can picture each of my team mates shielding their eyes, waiting for someone to say something.