19

"Aisha?!" Elsword echoes loudly. "T-that can't be Aisha! She would never attack us, nor would she run away from us."

"Elsword, she's been acting weird lately." I nibble the bottom of my lip. "W-what if she's the one behind the Dark Magic?" I add on hesitantly.

"Impossible, Aisha would never practice Dark Magic!" Elsword defends almost instantly. "Besides, the Dark Magic has been lingering here before we even step foot here! How can she get to Bethma and back to us without anyone noticing?"

He does have a point," I-I don't know. This is all so confusing." I rub my fatigue eyes. That girl looked so much like Aisha, not to mention, Aisha is the only one here who uses fireballs to attack.

"Look how about we try to find the one who attacked you?" Elsword suggests. "You seem to do better in the dark than I do so I'll follow behind."

"Alright," I reply before breaking off into a sprint. Eun engulfs me in a strong aura as we take off into the night. With my stronger senses I can hear the stranger panting from ahead as they start to grow tired, I use this opportunity to glide through the air.

"Plasma Cutter!" My blood grows cold at Aisha's familiar voice.

Stay focused!

Eun quickly takes over to navigate us safely around the laser beams. Knowing I won't have the heart to hurt my friend Eun stays in control to attack," Tiger Claw!" We proceed to slash our prey.

From up close I notice some obvious differences between our opponent and Aisha. Unlike Aisha she is dressed in a witch-like outfit, with small round glasses, and long braided purple hair. Despite this their differences I still can't shake her voice out of my head, that voice defiantly belongs to Aisha; but this girl can't be Aisha, right?

"A-Aisha?" I ask once Eun gave me control again.

"Natural Magic is so boring." The girl spoke once again in my friend's voice. Her purple eyes darken as a magic circle appears under her," Dark Magic is far more superior!"

The girl slams her staff on the ground causing a massive shock wave, I am knocked down almost instantly. From behind I can hear Elsword falling, I wonder if he heard her spoke as well.

"I under estimated you." She takes a step towards me. "Thinking you and you friend wouldn't notice me was a mistake. I under estimated your powers, especially with those demonic enhancements." She gestures to my fox-like features. "Those red eyes, they are beautiful as blood. How I wish to be born with eyes of a blood-thirsty monster, you are truly lucky."

This mage insults me!

"Aisha, is that you?" I look back to see Elsword falling to his knees, he looks absolutely hurt by her betrayal. "T-this can't be."

"The hurt on your face looks very handsome." The girl licks her lips. "I bet the darkness in your heart tastes delicious." The familiar feeling of anger fires in me at her comment.