36

"We're here!" Amos announced excitedly. "Guys, I welcome you to the Ponggo village!" He said; gesturing to the large metal doors on the mountain side. 

The metal doors were in poor condition, multiple scratch marks could be seen covering the metal surface, with a few dents engraved in. 

"Your village is a door?" Elsword asks; rubbing his eyes. "So where's the food at?"

Eve slapped Elsword loudly in response," do not act so rude, peasant!" She scolds. "How would you like it if someone accused your home of being a simple door?"

"But what if his village is a door?" This earned Elsword another painful slap to the face. 

Amos laughed loudly at their remarks," my village isn't a door, silly!" He said through giggles. "My village is beyond the doors!" 

Chung leans closer to me," this is what happens when we have to walk non stop for a couple of hours." He whispers. 

I bit back a giggle," I can't imagine what it'll be like if we had to stay up all night." I reply in a hushed voice. 

Amos hopped off of Yang's back," I hope you guys don't mind living under ground!" He said; approaching the set of doors. 

We watch as Amos pushed against the set of doors, unfortunately his efforts proved to be useless. The set of doors remained firmly shut despite his efforts. Seeing Amos struggle to get the doors open was quite amusing, but we were all too desperate to get some rest to enjoy the little guy's struggle. 

"Move," Raven said; cracking his knuckles. 

Amos sheepishly steps aside. Raven placed both his hands on the door, taking a deep breath in he began to push against the doors. Both the metal doors swung open in response. Inside we could see a dimly lit stair way. I could faintly make out the sound of drills echoing from the inside.  

"You want to lead the way, kid?" Raven asks. 

Nodding Amos hurries to the village entrance," watch your step, it's a bit dark in here." He warns before making his way in. 

The team filed in behind him, I made my way in last to help guide Yang in. Closing the metal doors behind me I begin to guide my Phoru down the stone steps, Yang grunted with discomfort at the narrow entrance way.

"C'mon," I gestured to the dim light up ahead. "We're almost there."

Yang hesitated for a bit before continuing down, I gave it a reassuring pat along the way. As we proceeded further into the stairway I could hear a faint voice booming ahead, something tells me that we've run into more trouble. 

"Unacceptable, Nasods are not welcomed in our village!" The voice exclaims angrily. "I will not accept these guests!" 

"Let's hurry." I tell Yang. 

We hurry down the last few steps, Yang slows down its pace the moment we reached the very last step. I could now make out the buildings within the village and the little furry creatures gathering around my team. The Ponggos began to scream as Yang and I made our entrance, I scratched Yang behind the ear in hopes of giving it some comfort. 

"What's happening now?" The voice grunts. 

Yang stepped back as a small Ponggo approached us, its eyes widening the instant it got a good look at my furry friend. 

"You brought a demon as well? Are you crazy?" He screams, the villagers backed away from us in fear.

"Yang is good!" Amos came running after the angry Ponggo. "Chief, please don't be afraid!"