30

"Bethma's in trouble!"

        Raven shakes his head in disbelief," I can't believe they let that dragon out."

        "We should see how the others are doing." Eve suggests--- already rushing toward the others.

        Without another exchange of words Raven and I follow shortly after her. I soon grow worried at the smell of blood, its scent growing stronger with each step we take; I don't know if it's blood from the dragon or from one of our team mates, but something tells me the dragon left its nest without a scratch.

        "You big idiot!" We hear Aisha screaming. "You shouldn't have taken my place!" She can be heard bursting into tears shortly after.

        We arrived to a horrific scene. Elsword, with his hands covering his wounded stomach, is laying weakly on the ground; blood can be seen oozing from between his fingers. Aisha is in tears beside him while Chung is busying flipping through a thick book. 

        "She protected my sister from being hurt by the dragon's claws." Speka filled us in quietly. She kneels down beside Aisha. "In a state like this I'm not sure if he can survive."

        "Don't say something like that!" Aisha snapped back, with her hands tightening into a fist. 

"Aisha--" 

"I-I'm sorry." She quickly added on, with her eyes still glued on Elsword. "I-I'm just . . . unstable."

        Speka nods, understanding what her sister is going through. She gently wraps her arms around Aisha, pulling her into a gentle hug. Aisha caves into her sister's arms, crying hysterically onto her shoulder.

        "I-I can't think of a potion to help him!" Chung's sudden outburst made me jump. He throws the book aside, nearly knocking it into the lake of magma as a result. "I can't do anything to help!" He buries his face in his hands.

        Gingerly I help myself down from Yang, my legs instantly turn to jelly the moment they touch the ground. I use my spear as a cane to help navigate me to Chung. I don't know what I should say to him, nor do I know why I've decided to comfort him. I guess I've grown to hate him less during these past few days, he really isn't that big of a jerk.

        "Hey," I greet him softly, while helping myself down beside him. "How are you holding up?"

       "I feel awful," he replied without lifting his head up. "I can't do anything to help my friend, he's going to die and there's nothing I can do."

Chung's voice sounded with genuine hurt and confusion, and I hate to admit it but it pains me to see him like this. He may not be the nicest person on the team but he's still a good team mate; he's a good friend. 

        I force on a confident smile and say," the Rapunzel I know is much stronger than this." I punch him playfully on the shoulder. "We'll find a way to help him and we'll definitely avenge for him. So stop whining like a spoiled brat and help us think of something."

        "You're awful at comforting people." He lifts his head up, and a small smile can be seen on his lips---I mentally gave myself a pat on the back at his reaction.

        I roll my eyes," and you're any better? You're the one who demands others for their share of food; how is that any good?"

        "Fair enough," he said with an approving nod. 

 He averts his attention to our injuries friend; almost instantly his smile drops. "What can we do though?" He asked in a soft whisper." We've got some crazy dragon on the loose while one of our friends is half dead."