58

Amos was the first one to greet us when we got back to the hideout. He greeted each of us with a tearful smile and a tight hug. Raven instantly told him how helpful his acid was and how it was the key component to our victory. Amos was smiling from ear to ear at the story and kept asking Raven for details of how his acid work. Raven happily entertained him while the rest of us went to clean up and prepared for bed. 

The next few weeks following our victory was busy, to say the least. Establishing a new community between the Ponggos and Nasods proved to be difficult as many of the villagers were still upset at Eve's idea of sharing Altera---some of the King's loyal Nasods refused to follow Eve's new plan while other Nasods didn't want to be controlled by another ruler, fearing they'd be replaced again. Eve was caught up with negotiations and paperwork while the rest of us worked on building a new village up on the surface. Many Nasods helped with the work which drastically increased our process. Along the way several villagers offered to help and soon our building team consisted of both Nasods and Ponggos, both parties seemed to have moved on from their past and was ready for a new future. We also had the unfortunate job of searching for corpses in the burned village to bury, a big funeral was held for everyone who lost their lives during the attack. It wasn't easy to get through it and it certainly wasn't helpful to the Nasod-Ponggos relationships but at least the dead could be properly laid to rest. 

Elsword quickly informed Lowe about our situation, and to our surprise, he generously offered to help us rebuild the village for the Ponggos and even offered us a free ride home when we were ready to leave. So that's how we spent the last of our days on Altera, building new houses and establishing new relationships between the villagers and their new neighbours---during the process a few talented Ponggos and Nasods got together and offered to help Eve repair her servants and drones. Eve was delighted to have both groups working together and allowed them to tamper with her servants as much as they please. 

At some point during our stay Raven announced his decision of adopting Amos into our team. Aisha and Chung grew weary at the idea but soon came to an agreement as they both knew Amos had no place to go. We went to tell Amos the news the very next day, to say he was emotional over the news would be an understatement. Raven stayed with him for the remainder of the day while we went about our daily routine. 

By the end of the month a majority of the village had been built and much of the relationships between Nasods and Ponggos have been mended. It seemed like Altera was finally at peace and we could return to Ruben without worrying about another war breaking out. 

So here we were now, standing outside of the partially built village with a group of the villagers and Ponggos there to see us off. Eve was settling some final agreements with the Chief and a Nasod representative while Raven was still somewhere in the village helping Amos pack.

"The helicopter should be East of here," Elsword told us quietly, not wanting to distract the Chief and Eve. "It's a bit of a hike but we should be fine now." 

"I hope Raven hurries up," Aisha said with hands on her hips. "How much does Amos need to pack anyways?"

"He's probably wanting to take as much as he can," I piped in while scratching the back on Yang's ear---the ancient Phoru wiggled its tail back and forth excitedly at the treatment. "Moving away from Altera is probably a scary change for him." 

Aisha sighed and relaxed her arms," I guess I was being a bit harsh." 

"You're always harsh," Elsword added with a wink---that earned him a punch to the chest from Aisha, unfortunately her actions only justified his claims. 

"Sorry I'm late!" Raven's voice sounded from the crowd. He was quickly threading his way around the clustered group of Nasods and Ponggos, he had his heavy backpack on and Amos sitting on top of his shoulders.