74

"What do you mean we can't go?" Elsword threw his hands in the air.

We were stationed just outside of Allegro's tent, even it was barely standing. Shreds of its cloth swayed limply with the wind, revealing the interior of the tent. Much of the base has been destroyed, leaving nothing but ripped fabrics and personal belongings sprawled on the grounds.

The few Knights that survived the attack scattered the base like ants, carrying injured friends to the medical tents while others were cleaning the littered grounds—some of the Knights stationed at the temple were called back to help with cleanup.

Lento crossed his arms," I told you, Elsword, we can't proceed any further into the temple. The base needs help and it's your job to provide that help."

"Well you said we needed to hurry it up because the Harmony Festival was coming up." Elsword shot back.

Lento huffed," Velder Knights will be arriving soon to help us. They'll also be bringing extra supplies and doctors--"

"But our friends are held captive in that temple." Elsword cut him off.

Lento tightened his jaw at Elsword's interruption but didn't comment on it any further," we can't risk walking into a trap." He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed." I'm sorry your friends have been kidnapped and I promise we will get them back tomorrow. Just stay put and help the base out."

"But--"

"That's an order." Lento snapped. Elsword tensed at his raised tone but didn't protest any further.

"C'mon," he turned himself around and gestures us to leave. "Let's go."

Silence fell between us as we walked through the ruins of the base. While our mouths were sealed our minds circled with thoughts—our imaginations roaring louder than any beast could.

"We aren't seriously going to wait, right?" Speka asked in a whisper.

"What else are we supposed to do?" Elsword hammered his fist onto his thigh. "If we climb the temple the Knights will report us to Lento."

"If we stay here A-Amos could die." Raven reminded him, his voice shaking.

"I know that," Elsword feverishly scratched the back of his head. "I-I just can't think of anything."

"What if we use the Wind Shard?" Chung's suggestion made something flicker in Elsword's eyes. "We could fly up the temple without having to deal with Knights."

"That's actually a good idea," I agreed.

"It's risky." Elsword paused as we passed a group of working Knights, each one grunting as they dragged a couple of bodies out of the way. "But I don't see any other option." He added once they were out of earshot.

"We need to decide soon." Eve piped in. "Lento will get suspicious if we continue to wander the base together."

Elsword sighed," looks like we're going with Chung's idea."

"We should get prepared," Raven suggested. "We don't know what we'll face up there and we aren't actually walking in with full energy."

"Perhaps we should not take supplies this time." Eve's comment caused a few raised brows. "We would only look strange packing items and carrying our bags everywhere."

"Right," Elsword came to a slow halt, readjusting the straps of his backpack. "I'm going to drop this thing off at my tent."

"I need to go back for my weapon so I'll come along with you." Chung piped in.

Elsword flashed a quick smile at his offer," thanks, man."

"Then we'll meet up at the outskirts of the base." Raven poked his head to the sides, making sure no one was in earshot. "Make it quick. I don't know how long it'll take before someone notices something off."