15

"You can't go to the dinner with that!" Aisha gestures to my traditional robe. "We are going to a formal dinner, you must wear something pretty."

I cross my arms at her remark," excuse me but this is a traditional robe!" I point out. "Sorry if this style doesn't fit your description of pretty."

I must admit, Aisha looks stunning with her purple gown and hair down, but that gives her no excuse to look down on a traditional Sander robe.

Aisha's expression soften," look I'm sorry for offending you." She sighs," it's just we don't usually go to these kind of dinners without something really fancy on."

"Since when did you care about looking good?" Elsword pipes in while fixing up his red tie. "You used to always complain about not being able to go in a sweater and jeans."

"You know perfectly well why I care now!" Aisha snaps back. I can't help but notice the hurt in her tone of voice.

"Ohh," Elsword began quietly. "I-I'm sorry. Didn't mean to-"

"Enough," Aisha closes her eyes. "Let's not talk about it."

"So what's with the sudden dinner party anyways?" I ask - trying to change the subject.

"It's a thank you party," Aisha forces on a smile. "All the parties that helped with the battle in Elder are invited."

"Thanks to you we're the main guests," Raven adds on nonchalantly as he fixes his hair. "I bet they have all the fancy food saved for our team."

"So what happened to the El Shard?" I question. For the past week we haven't spoke of the El Shard - aside from the time I told everyone about my new found knowledge on the Shards. For the most part we were relaxing at home - waiting for Lowe to give us something to do.

"I think Lowe will explain that part tonight." Eve joins the conversation. My jaw nearly drops at her appearance. She has on a stunning pink gown, with her silver hair let down, and a sparkling diamond necklace - her drones hover closely beside her.

"The Queen is always a show off," Raven rolls his eyes. "Anyways we're going to be late."

"What about Chung?" I point out - I wonder why no one is nagging him to hurry up. "Isn't he still upstairs?"

"He left while everyone was still getting ready." Elsword replied while opening the door. "That guy probably just wants some time alone."

The group exchange glances, their eyes filled with great sadness - I wonder what has caused them to grow so sad.

"I still can't believe I have to walk through the forest in my dress!" Aisha whines as we walk out the door.

"It's a shame we can't take Yang with us." I give my Phoru a wave, it let out a yawn and proceeds to the back of the house.

It's a beautiful evening.

I nod, agreeing with Eun's statement. Tonight the sky is clear, without a cloud in sight, the colours of sundown painting the heavens like a large canvas; crickets chirp loudly to fill in the peaceful silence.

Let's go on a run, the air is perfect for a short run.

'Good idea, Eun!' I respond mentally.

"I'm going to go ahead!" I announce loudly. "I'll meet you guys at Elder!" With that I begin to glide through the forest, ignoring the calls from my friends as I navigate freely around the trees, like a bird let back into the wild.