22

Uploading the chapters will be a bit slower now, due to the fact that I'm starting to run out of pre-written content and I still have finals to worry about. I'm sure some of you are already enjoying your summer vacation but I'm still in sch and I have a ton of finals to prep for. I apologize for the lack of content but I'm really trying my best here. Hope you guys understand.

"So here is the plan for today!" Stella slams her fist down on Buch's wooden table. "Yesterday we were unable to get any information out of that mage and we cannot waste each day trying to pry answers from her. Today I will deal with that brat, as for the rest of you I have another important assignment!" She began to pace the room.

"We have recently lost contact with the elder, he was supposed to drop by the village a couple days ago. Our villagers are growing worried over this old lizard, I fear that he may be captured."

"What if the elder is also influenced by Dark Magic?" Raven spoke up, Stella stiffens at his question. "Have you sent your men to go see if he's okay?"

"If our elder is influenced by Dark Magic our village will be devastated."

Buch began. "Berauk has helped the lizardmen community grow in many ways. His knowledge has helped us function as a mature community, everyone would be devastated if he was influenced by this magic."

"That is why we must send your team out to Bethma Lake, we must ensure the safety of our elder." Stella adds on. "I am entrusting Lucas with your team. He knows a quick and easy way to the lake and will be given training through your team." Stella looks around the table. "Any questions?"

Elsword raises his hand," what will we do if this elder has already fallen under control of the Dark Magic?" He challenges.

Stella closes her eyes," you will need to end him." She replies shakily. "There is nothing else we can do."

The table grows silent for a moment, we watch as Stella tries to recollect herself. Buch gently pats Stella's back, looking over at us he quietly gestures everyone to get going. We each send him a weak smile before getting out of our seats, no one utters a single word as we prepare ourselves for the day's work.

Grabbing my spear from the guest room I hurriedly make my way out of the house, I plan on fetching Yang while everyone else is packing up for the trip. I blindly walk through the village, hoping I'll get lucky and run into the animals stalls.

"Miss Ara!" Lucas calls out from behind me. Turning around I notice Yang hurrying towards me with Lucas sitting on its back.

"Yang!" I kneel down to hug the phoru's head. "How have you been, buddy?" I giggle as Yang licks my cheeks.

"Look the blacksmith gave me a new spear!" Lucas holds up his small wooden spear proudly. "I know it isn't as cool as your spear but I still love it!"

"I'm sure you'll get a more advanced spear when you're older." I reassure. "Let's head back to Buch's place, everyone is getting ready there."