54

Dealing with the villagers was like dealing with a stubborn and hard-headed customer. Everything you say or do would upset them in some way, thus leading to more tension and hatred on both sides. Almost every villager resented our offer to watch over them, many of them worked us like slaves while others demanded to be freed from the only safe place left in Altera. Some of the Nasods tried to aid us but they were quickly driven away by the angry villagers, so they spent most of their day huddled on the other side of the hideout. Eve sat among them as she worked on a way to extract the memory of an enemy Nasod, from the looks of it, the rebel Nasods were eager to help her.

Amos isolated himself from us and the villagers for the majority of the day. He worked quietly on his alchemy on the sidelines, only responding to us with short answers and would only interact with other villagers when he was confronted by them. All of us were concerned for his well-being but none of us knew how to provide him the comfort he needed at this time, so all we could really do was watch out for him from a distance. 

We were more than happy to leave the bitter crowd alone when Elsword and Raven returned. Both the guys came back with a good hand full of berries and fruits, it was just enough to feed every single mouth in the hideout. As dinner proceeded we asked what they had discussed but neither of the guys were willing to give out any information. Raven left our circle once he was finished with his dinner and returned to Amos' side. I can't imagine he got a good sentence from the Ponggo, but he seemed like the only person who could give Amos the comfort we failed to provide. Elsword motioned us to close in our circle once Raven was out of earshot, we eagerly followed his order. 

"I'm going to tell you guys our plan of attack for tomorrow," Elsword whispered. "I want everyone to keep quiet of this until tomorrow morning. If the Ponggos hear about this, they might try to escape tonight."

I exchanged concerned looks with a couple of people before returning my attention back to Elsword. I hope this plan won't make us turn around and run away. 

"Raven and I agreed to get up early tomorrow to get food," he began. "We'll return as quick as we can so we can feed you guys, Raven expected the Ponggos to wake up by the time we're finished breakfast. Once everyone is full we'll head to the core."

"Who will look after the villagers?" Aisha asked.

"I'm getting to that," Elsword replied. "The villagers will be protected by Yang and the Nasods, which they probably won't be too happy about." He paused for a moment. "I plan on using the El Shard to fly us over to the core, but there's a bit of a twist."

His eyes jumped in between Aisha and Chung," I want you two to stand near the front with Ara. When we make our way to the core I expect some Nasods to attack us, if not Nasods then some traps. You two will try to counter those traps and keep it from hitting Ara." 

The duo bobbed their heads at their given tasks. Elsword smiled at their compliance and continued," Once inside, we will try to look for an enemy Nasod and get their memory of the layout. From there we will split into a rescue team and an attack team. The rescue team will find as many captured Nasods as possible and free them while the attack team will face the King himself. If there are no more Nasods to be rescued I want  the team to deliver the Nasods back, with the Wind Shard, and return to help us fight."

"I'm assuming you've already got the teams made?" I asked. 

Elsword nodded," I want strong attackers at the very start, so I will be relying on both Ara and Eun, Aisha, and--"

"E-excuse me." Eve cut him off. "As the former Queen of the Nasods, may I join the offensive unit to take on the King? I-I understand if that does not abide with your plans."