63

Now that I'm finally finished failing all my exams it's time to resume writing! Hope the long wait didn't make you forget what happened in the story so far xD

I quickly forgot about my assignment in the foggy graveyard as my seemingly endless conversation with Scarlet progressed. We talked about anything that popped in our minds, it ranged from our shared dislike for slow walkers to our common love for small animals. One thing I picked up from our extended talk was Scarlet's passion and excitement for adventuring with friends. She kept asking me about the adventures I've been through and shared her many dreams of camping, hiking, and exploring with a group of friends. 

I insisted she could join the team but she refused almost immediately. At first her response struck me as odd, if she really dreamed of exploring with friends she should've jumped on my offer without a moment of hesitation; but I let this small detail slide as it was probably still hard for her to be around lots of people. 

Yang continued to trash and snarl from its restraints, its irrational behaviour seemed to intensify as I drew closer to Scarlet. I scolded my Phoru for being so rude but not even my words could calm it back down---but that alone wasn't enough to scare Scarlet away from me. 

"W-wow, how long have we been talking?" I asked after an unknown amount of time had passed.

"Who cares?" Scarlet giggled. "Let's talk until all night. I always loved having late night conversations...with myself." 

We both laughed at her remark while Yang grunted with distaste. 

"I used to talk to myself too," I told her in between laughter. "I used to have imaginary arguments with others while I'm in the shower." 

"Ara, that's so mean." Scarlet teased. "I have nice conversations with my imaginary friends, it would suck if I pissed them off." 

"Forget about them," I wrapped an arm around Scarlet---she stiffened at the touch but relaxed once she realized it wasn't a threatening gesture. "You got me now." She laughed in response. 

"Thanks, Ara." She said softly. "I'm really happy to have you talking with me."

"It's what friends are for." I slipped my hand off her shoulder. "I'm happy I got to talk with you too, Scarlet." 

Yang smashed its body against the tree, as if wanting to knock it out from the ground. 

Her cheeks flushed with light pink," I think what makes me most happy is having someone who understands me." She rested her head on my shoulder and sighed," you'r so lucky, Ara. Unlike me you already found a good group of friends. I bet you guys talk to each other about everything at night, even if they don't understand you still have so many great people to lean on."

Then why don't you join us? I wanted to ask, but kept my mouth shut. Instead I answered," to be honest we don't spend late nights talking."

"What?" Scarlet gasped, lifting her head up. "Why not?"

"I guess it would be nice if we could dedicate some time to talk about personal matters, we don't really have serious talks until something really bad happens." I confessed. 

"That sucks," Scarlet's lips fell into a small frown. 

"I-I guess I have to give him credit for talking to me last night," I mumbled to myself with warmed cheeks. 

"Who are you talking about?" 

"N-no one." I replied almost instantly---how was she able to hear me? I guess I need to work on my whispering skills. 

Scarlet leaned in with a sly grin stretched on her face," I know you're hiding something." She sang. "I bet you're talking about a boy."

"I-I don't--" I stopped myself to think of a better response. "Y-you can't prove---t-there's nothing like that."