Chapter 3

*Edited*

When I came to my head felt like it just got hit with a boulder. The world seemed to run in a constant spiral around me, and having my eyes shut only made it feel like I was trapped on a never ending roller coaster.

"I think she's waking up." Aisha's soft voices rippled through the rhythmic beeping beside me.

"A-are you sure?" Elsword's voice replied. "Maybe you're just seeing things."

"I saw her fingers twitch, doofus." Aisha snapped loudly. A sharp pain pierced through my head at the noise.

"Maybe we should poke her."

"No," I could imagine her punching Elsword on the arm. "We can't just poke her."

"Why not?"

Aisha groaned," I really hope you're just acting this stupid."

I begin to crack my eyes open, snapping them shut the instant a blinding white light pierced my vision. It took me several more tries to successfully pry them both open, by then Aisha and Elsword had already fell into silence.

"Well look who decided to wake up." Elsword greeted once I managed to fully awaken. "Good morning, sleeping beauty." He winked.

"M-morning?" My voice came out hoarse.

Aisha's lower lip trembled. Just as I was about to ask her what was wrong she enveloped me in a gentle hug.

"Don't you dare do that again." Aisha scolded, breaking the warm embrace. "Do you know how worried we were?"

"Aisha, I don't think we have to worry about her from now on." Elsword shivered at the memory. "A-and I think we learned to never piss her off."

I tilted my head in confusion," what are you talking about?"

Aisha opened her mouth to respond but bit down on her lower lip before the words could come out.

"W-what happened out there?" I persisted, now my arms and legs were starting to feel like jelly.

"Some...crazy things." Aisha answered hesitantly.

"Crazy indeed." Camilla entered the room with arms on her hips, I absentminded shrunk into my bed at her arrival. She pointed at me angrily," I can't believe you participated in that fight with these two. You could've died out there, young lady."

I broke eye contact with my teacher," but I didn't die." I mumbled.

"Y'know I would love to hear how you survived." Camilla went on, her voice made my head pound with greater intensity. "You have lots of explaining to do, Ara."

"Indeed you do." Aisha agreed.

I ran my hand through my hair—ignoring the sharp pain in my shoulder," I-I don't know what happened okay? I j-just remember blacking out and then waking up--" I was cut off with a dry cough. The burning pain in my shoulder shot down my arm with each convulsing hack.

Camilla's angered expression softened in an instant.

"Maybe you were too harsh on her," I heard Elsword whispering to Camilla.

"I-I know," she sighed, dropping her arms down. "I was just worried. I-I really thought she wouldn't wake up." My chest ached upon catching the tears stirring in her eyes.

Great, you hurt the one person who cared about you all these years. Good job, Ara.

I swallowed down the lump quickly forming at the back of my throat and asked,"I want answers too. Can someone tell me what happened?" I eyed my visitors desperately, hoping someone would spill the beans.