41

When I first stepped foot into Altera I thought it was a village plucked right out of a child's head, never would I have thought such a village could exist underground---the villagers are as unique as their home.

The surreal village I was once introduced to is now left in rubble, buildings have been broken into, villagers are desperately trying to help the injured, and bodies can be seen laying throughout the streets.

It was hard to walk by the Ponggos, I kept my head buried in Chung's back for the most part. Many of the villagers ignored us, not wanting to associate with us any further. Others spat at us, cursing at us for bringing this tragedy upon them.

"I feel bad for the village," Aisha muttered, keeping her head low. "I wish we could've done something to help them."

"We did everything we could," Chung replied; readjusting me on his back. "The Nasods overpowered us, there was nothing more we could do."

"But don't you feel bad for the villagers?" I whispered.

"Feeling pity won't fix a thing." Chung said---turning his head to further examine the damaged buildings. "We need to focus on taking these Nasods down if we want to protect the Ponggos."

Going against the Nasods could result in a war, I reminded myself. There's no doubt the Nasods will come at us as an army. We're just a simple Red Knight Party, if we even want a chance against the Nasods we'll need to build an army of our own.

"I'm worried," Aisha added in a whisper. "W-what will the chief say? To us; to Eve and Raven?"

"If he's going to insult our friends then we stand up for them," Chung answered. "It'd be wrong if we just stood there and let him talk bad about them."

My stomach turned at the distant shouting ahead, I could feel Chung's shoulders tensing at the voices," it's going to be okay." I whispered into his ear, praying Aisha won't hear me. "We'll get through this as a team."

Chung took a sharp breath in," I apologize in advance if I lose my temper."

We continued forward without saying another word, each of us straining our ears to pick up on the toxic conversation brewing up ahead.

"You can't just kick them out." Elsword's voice boomed, I can imagine him shouting at the chief with tightened fists. "They did nothing wrong."

"Those Nasods attacked because of those two." The Chief shot back. "We need to get rid of them before they cause any more harm."

"You have no proof of their wrongdoings."

"They are Nasods, that fact alone is enough to prove them guilty."

"That is not proof."

As we approached closer to the group I could make out a small crowd of villagers standing behind their Chief, most talked to one another in a hushed tone while others voiced out their support to the Chief. Eve and Raven stood silently behind Elsword, like children watching their parent defend them against their teacher.

"I cannot let Nasods reside in my village." The Chief took a step forward. "I must kick those two Nasods out."

Elsword tensed his jaw," if you kick them out---"

Raven placed a hand on Elsword's shoulder," don't argue any further." He told Elsword coolly. "We don't want you guys to be seen badly because of us."

Elsword pushed Raven's hand away," I won't let them wrongly accuse you." He said; gesturing to the Ponggos. "As your leader, and friend, I won't just stand back."