18

The small lizard - who we found out was named Lucas - guided us on the quickest path back to his village - which also happens to be Bethma. Neither of us complained about the fatigue and heat along the way, everyone has braced themselves for Chung to give up. I certainly didn't brace myself for the worse, I know Chung is stubborn, a parasite like him won't die that easily.

We arrived to the village with barely any time left, Chung had begun struggling for air. Lucas quickly guided us past the confused villagers and into the alchemist's home. We were told to wait outside as he treated our over-heated friend. Lucas offered us water and a tour around the village while we waited.

Bethma village is unique. This small village is home to a special tribe, the Lizardmen tribe. These lizards live along side with a small number of humans, both species work together to survive out here in the desert climate. Aside from the unique residents Bethma is just another ordinary village, with hunters and warriors to slay nearby demons.

"How are you enjoying Bethma?" Lucas asks as we sit ourselves back down on the alchemist's front steps. Yang curls itself up by the bottom step. "Well aside from the heat that is."

"It's very peaceful, and I'm quite surprised at the unity of humans and lizardmen." Aisha began with a smile. "I bet half the people in Elder would freak if they were here."

"It's nice to see such a strong alliance between two," Raven ponders at his next choice of words. "Species." He drags out the final word.

"We haven't seen something like this for a long time now." Eve adds on - which is true, usually the clash between two different species, as Raven would call it, often results in war.

"Well I'm more surprised by your Ancient Phoru." Lucas points out - his eyes lighten up on the sleeping Phoru. "We may live with humans but we never would've thought humans would live with demons peacefully."

Little do they know . . .

"Ara here has actually made a contract with a demon." Elsword announces proudly, I nearly face palm at his remark. "She and this demon Eun works along side with us! We make quite a-"

Aisha interrupts Elsword by slamming her staff down on his head," you can't just reveal information like that!" She scolds. She carefully studies the nearby villagers, they don't appear to have heard his statement. "That could cause some real problems for us and we can freak the client out!" She adds on in a whisper.

"Useless human." Eve slaps him twice. "The second slap was for your idiotic actions earlier."

Lucas laughs at Elsword's abuse," you guys are funny."

"It's not funny when you're the one being hurt." Elsword mumbles angrily - he only brought this upon himself.

"Don't worry I'm not scared of you!" Lucas exclaims. "I'm more fascinated than scared! You guys have such a unique team, I wish I was old enough to join everyone!"