16

"I love this!" Aren exclaims as he takes another big bite out of the meat. "Another reason to like the New Year, there's always yummy food!"

"But they always have loud music!" I whine, covering my ears from the pounding drums.

"You love the lion dance though," Aren points out with his mouth full. "Quit complaining, monkey! In the end you love the noise as much as I do."

"Are you kids having fun?" Mother sits down beside me.

"I want more food!" Aren smiles widely.

"I want those drums to quiet down!" I pout. "Mommy, I don't like the noise."

"Oh, Ara." She pinches my cheek. "It's tradition, you'll understand when you're older. In the mean time how about we sit by the lake?"

Aren and I exchange excited glances," is it time?!" We ask in unison. Mother smiles warmly at our reaction.

"Yes, it's time for the annual New Year story" She began getting up. "Come on, lets-"

"We can't just have you leaving like that!" Elsword's sudden shouting jolts me awake. Wiping the fresh tears off my eyes I help myself up. "Are you stupid, do you even know what time it is?!"

"I don't care!" Aisha replies with an equally loud voice. "I have something important to take care of, now stand out of my way and let me catch that plane!"

"Can you guys shut it?!" Raven pipes in loudly. "Some of us are trying to sleep."

"Not until she stays."

"Not until he gets out of my way!"

Do humans usually wake up to cause noise? Eun asks with annoyance. I never knew your kind was so ill-mannered.

"Not unless they're really upset," I reply while opening my bedroom door. Eun growls loudly as the shouting continues. I make my way downstairs to see

Aisha with a large purple suitcase and Elsword blocking her exit - Raven sat on the bottom step while watching the two rage on.

"Elsword, if you don't move I'll force my way out!" Aisha summons out her staff. "I'm giving you ten seconds to move!" She points her weapon towards Elsword.

"I'll take the hit!" Elsword stands firm in front of the door. "Attack me all you like but I won't let you step out this door!"

"What's going on?" I sit myself down beside Raven.

"Apparently Aisha is planning on leaving," Raven lets out a big yawn. "Elsword here won't let her leave."