31

Have you ever been to a place where you can physically feel the thick tension; like walking in late to that one terrifying class, or having to sit beside someone whom you just had a fight with? That is what Bethma feels like.

The nice and peaceful atmosphere that has once welcomed us is now contaminated with a thick layer of tension, my ears rung loudly at the ominous silence; my heart racing wildly at the obvious signs of danger.

Aisha, Speka, Chung, and I remained silent as we hiked through the rocky paths, keeping our ears open to the raging dragon. It's surprising how peaceful Bethma is, especially now that an ancient dragon has been released. The silence gave us no comfort, instead, it filled each of us with dread of the unknown.

"Not here either." Speka blurt out loud---breaking the uncomfortable stillness. "Where could a giant dragon hide itself?" She angrily kicks aside a small rock.

"I'm surprised the dragon hasn't attacked yet," Aisha pipes in. "You'd think an angry dragon would destroy everything in its path."

"What if the dragon went somewhere else?" I ask hesitantly; I could feel Chung stiffening up at my question. 

"Then we'll search every inch of this planet for it." He answered---readjusting me on his back. "I just hope that thing didn't decide to pay the village a visit."

"I just hope Elsword is okay." I could hear Aisha whispering to herself. "Please let him arrive to the village alright." 

I smiled, acknowledging the strong bond she holds with Elsword. Despite their constant bickering and fights, Aisha and Elsword are very close to one another. They have a bond that I can never break; nor replace.

"Guys," Speka hissed in a rushed voice; we came to an abrupt stop in response," did you guys hear that?"

"Hear what?" Aisha whispered back, with her voice slightly shaking.

"Shh, just listen."

Once again we grew silent, each of us straining our ears to pick up any strange noise. My stomach twisted into knots at the soft roar, I can feel Eun bursting with energy at the sound of our prey.

"It's a roar," I announced to the group; not knowing if they could pick up the noise. Aisha and Speka exchanged nervous glances, the sisters gestured me to go on.

" If I'm correct it came from just ahead." I said---pointing to the steep path up ahead

"We've got to hurry!" Aisha summoned out her staff. "Ara, can you lead the way?"

I nod," let's get going." 

Chung grumbled to himself angrily before breaking off into a sprint. I tighten my arms around him as our path grew began to grow more steep and narrow. My heart pounded loudly at the sight of a large flying creature at the distance. The creature instantly caught everyone's attention; causing us to come to a halt.

For the first time in my life I shook with fear, fear of losing my life, fear of losing my friends; fear of facing that dragon.

"It'll take forever for us to reach that thing!" Chung panted. "By the time we get there it'll be somewhere else!" 

He has a good point, running toward the dragon won't be the smartest thing to do. The entire village would be destroyed before we could ever reach it. 

"I have an idea!" Aisha exclaimed with a snap. "I just need a few seconds!"

 We watched as Aisha hopped onto her staff and elevated herself up to get a better view of the landscape. A small smile formed on her lips," I can see the beast going to the lake." She said excitedly --- she looked at her sister. "Speka, you've been to the lake before, right?"