71

@ThngLngVit lol hate to burst your bubble but I am always first >:)

Allegro set up a separate tent for Aisha when he learned we failed to get the flower. The tent was bigger than the ones we slept in and had just enough room for everyone to huddle in. Aisha laid on unconscious in the centre of our group, her chest rising weakly with each breath. It was only a matter of time before that rhythmic rising and falling stopped forever.

Elsword shakily cradled her in his arms. Speka took one of her sister's hands and held it. Amos, who was immediately fetched by Lento upon our return, cuddled in Raven's arms. He bawled into his shoulder, his screams probably echoing out from the dark tent.

"S-sorry, Aisha." Elsword choked up on his words. "W-we looked everywhere for the cure but those damn demons killed everything."

"I-I'm sorry I failed you, S-Sis." Speka tightened her grip around Aisha's hand. "I-I'm sorry we can't share anymore memories together. W-we finally united with each other and now--" Speka hunched over and bawled, screaming and crying for her departing sister.

"I'm such a j-jerk, right?" Elsword whispered to her. "I-if you wake up I promise I'll be n-nicer. I-I won't leave the toilet seat up anymore a-and I'll cuddle with you more. Just please wake up."

His words threw daggers into my heart. Tears cascaded down my cheeks, their warmth tickled my skin for a brief second before leaving behind a cold trail.

"It was nice seeing you again, Aisha." Rena whispered. While her voice was calm her eyes her glassy with tears. "I wish we could've spent more time together."

"I-I thank you for your years of friendship." Eve wiped her damp eyes with the back of her hand. "I-I will forever cherish our time together, Aisha."

"Amos and I will miss you." Raven bowed his head. "P-please forgive us. W-we all failed you when you needed us the most."

"W-we were just too weak," Chung's voice dropped into weak whisper. "I hope y-you aren't feeling any pain right now."

"It's my fault," I whispered to myself. "I-I'm the reason you're--" I couldn't find I that sentence. I refused to say that final word.

I curled my hands into a fist, digging my nails into my skin. I wanted to pinch myself awake from this nightmare. I had enough with this dream. I wanted to return to the waking world, a world where Aisha was alive and blessed us all with her contagious smile.

The rhythmic rising of Aisha's chest came to a halt. Her head slumped back—at that moment I knew this was a nightmare I could never wake up from.

"N-no," Elsword shook her, but she gave no response. She laid still as a rock in his arms, the life once burning in her now succumb to the impenetrable darkness.

"S-Sis," Speka whimpered, her shoulders shaking with each breath. "D-don't leave me alone, Sis. P-please don't go, I-I need you. Aisha, I-I don't want to be alone anymore. P-please don't do this to me. I-I love you, Sis."

Eve broke into sobs. Raven shifted Amos into his other arm and placed a firm hand on Eve's shoulder, allowing her to release the pain in his comfort. Everyone allowed the tears to fall.

I buried my face in my hands and cried—the tears wouldn't stop coming down. My body trembled with each breathtaking sob, it felt like I was dying on the inside.

"S-stop crying everyone." Elsword hiccuped. "S-she's not dead yet. S-she's stronger than this. I-I can still feel her warmth."

I perked my head up from my soaked hands only to see Elsword shaking Aisha's body in his arms.