37

"I can never forget the face of the one who killed my parents." 

Our team quickly grew quiet at Agatha's accusation, I began to feel nauseous at the new information. There no way our Raven killed their parents, then again, I haven't known him for all my life so it is possible that he committed such a crime in his past.  

I glanced over at Raven, hoping he'd say something to prove Agatha wrong, but he didn't. Instead he sat in silence, with his head hanging down. I could feel Eun's warmth surrounding me, giving me the comfort I need in this situation. 

Aisha was the first to break the thick layer of silence," i-is that true?" She asked him shakily; Elsword wrapped his arm around her to comfort her. 

"I-I don't know," Raven replied, he shook his head. "I-I don't think so, I-I can't remember." Raven tightened his fists, he cried out in frustration. 

Agatha scoffed at him," what a pathetic man," she spat out. "You can't even remember the crimes you have committed." 

I could see Chung glaring icily at Agatha," stop talking to him like that!" He said in a raised voice. "Raven could never do something like that. I know he wouldn't." 

"Chung," Aisha placed her hand on his shoulder. "We don't know if that's true." 

"You know Raven wouldn't do something like that." He tightened his fists. "He can't do something like that." 

"Chung," Raven spoke up softly---we all turned to face him, eager to hear what he has to say. "Not even I can reassure you my innocence." 

Chung shook his head in disbelief," I can't believe such a thing!" He exclaimed, as he helped himself up. "If you need me I'll be outside."

"You can deny this fact all you want, boy." Agatha called out to him. "But the truth will not change." 

Chung didn't reply to her, instead he stormed out the house without taking another glance back. I could understand his anger, even I understand that it's hard to accept the fact that one of my friends could've murdered these Ponggos' parents. 

"Sis', they're good people." Amos said in a hushed voice, he hugged his sister tightly. "They wouldn't hurt us."

Agatha sighed," I bet these people are good, but that Crow Rider is nothing but trouble. He is the only one here I cannot forgive." She ruffled her brother's fur. "I'm sorry you had to hear all of that." 

"Raven didn't kill our parents. I know he didn't." He cried, he buried his face into his sister's shirt. "He wouldn't do such a horrible thing."

Even though I did not commit this horrible crime, I couldn't help but feel guilty. Raven is part of the team and it almost feels wrong for us to be here. We were the ones who brought him into this village, and it doesn't matter if he did or did not kill their parents, because in the end we brought back all the pain to these siblings. 

Amos' crying only made me feel worse, if I stay here any longer I'm going to lose my mind. Helping myself up I quietly excuse myself from the team. I gingerly opened the door and helped myself out, even from the outside I can hear the muffled cry of Amos. 

"Hey," Chung greeted wearily, he was sat cross-legged on the ground. "What are you doing out here?"

"I couldn't stay in there any longer." I respond, while helping myself down beside him. "Hearing Amos crying only made it worse." 

Silence fell between us, the sounds of drills were the only thing to fill in the void. I watched as the villagers walked blissfully around the village, oblivious of the tension resting within the house.