56

"How are you feeling?" Aisha asked with furrowed brows. 

I gingerly straightened my back up, half expecting the same burning pain to accompany the movement, my shoulders relaxed as a faint ghost of the original burn shot through my back. "I'm feeling much better." I answered. "I'm so glad you know how to brew up a healing potion."

"Oh don't flatter me," Aisha smiled. "Any amateur alchemist can create a healing potion, if Chung was here I bet he'd be able to do the same thing." 

"We are blessed to have two skilled alchemists on our team," Eve piped in with a flame-shaped pendant dangling on the end of her fingers. 

After Ignis was finally defeated we proceeded to investigate the strange object that fell out of its chest. It was a pendant shaped as a red flame, the pendant was clearly enchanted with magic thus giving it its amber glow. Aisha wanted to destroy it but Eve insisted it was harmless---it was simply the magic supply for Ignis. While Aisha refused to make further contact with the pendant, Eve decided to take the pendant and keep it as a reminder of her former ally. 

"That being said," Aisha added with a sly grin. "I suspect Chung would create an extra complicated potion for you."

I felt my face instantly heating up at her comment," what are you talking about?" 

"Don't kid yourself, Ara." She laid her hand on my shoulder. "You know he'd create the most complicated potion he could to save your pretty face."

"No he wouldn't," I answered almost instantly. "He'd create the most simple potion he could."

"Would he really do that?" She emphasized on the word 'really'. "We're talking about the same guy who keeps teasing you--"

"You mean bullying me?" I corrected. 

Aisha rolled her eyes," I never knew bullies would let you use them as a pillow." She winked, I knew I had lost the fight at that point. "And I had no idea bullies would be willing to give up their warm sweater just to keep their victim warm through the night."

"O-okay I get it, Aisha." Aisha giggled at my flustered reaction. "I'll admit it, we don't hate each other anymore."

"That's the answer I want to hear," she pulled me into a hug. "I'm so happy you're making friends with everyone." 

"I'm glad everyone is so welcoming of me and Eun." I returned her abrupt hug. 

"If they are able to accept a Nasod like me, it should come as no surprise that they are willing to have you on the team." Eve said, slipping the pendant over her head---the amber glow seemed to brighten once the pendant was around her neck, as if it recognized her as its new owner. "Now that you are feeling better, shall we finish our mission?"

A tense moment of silence fell between us. Aisha and I mutely broke off our hug; we got up to our feet and began to gather up our belongings. As much as we would like to spend more time together we knew we had to confront the King. It was something we couldn't run away from. 

"I'm ready," Aisha announced as she slipped on her backpack. 

"Let's finish this job," I sighed, readjusting my backpack straps. 

I felt my heart pumping excitedly as we turned to face the King's throne room. In a few seconds we'll be facing the current ruler of the Nasod kingdom. We didn't know how the battle would turn out and what we were up against, but we knew this battle wouldn't be easy---the opposing El Shard would only escalate the battle further. 

Eve stepped in between me and Aisha," thank you for helping me." She wrapped her arms around us and pulled us in---her two drones sat themselves on her shoulders. "I wish I had said it earlier, but you guys have been the greatest friends I have had. I am glad to have met you both."