27

Before Chung and I walked inside, I prepared myself for the possible damage Kayak could've done to Buch. Even from the outside I could hear someone crying loudly. I scrunched my nose at the scent of blood oozing out from the ajar door.

        Breathing in deeply I forced myself inside to see everyone crowded around in the kitchen area. I study the house carefully while making my way to the crowd. Chairs are tipped, potions are left broken and spilled on the floor, and various furniture is thrown on its side or completely destroyed.

        As I approached closer I can make out the blood splatters on the walls, and the bloody kitchen knife resting on one of the wooden counters. Clenching my teeth tightly I joined my friends, something inside of me died at the sight of the dead alchemist.

        His clothes are ripped and stained with his blood, his left arm is twisted in a strange angle while his other arm rests across his stomach. Speka is knelled beside him, her hand stroking the dead alchemist's face. I let a tear escape from my eye at the sight of our dead ally, the one who had so much faith in us is now dead. Who is truly to blame in this situation, us; or Kayak?

        "I'm so sorry we couldn't protect you." Speka bawled. "I should've stayed here to protect you." She added on trembling. 

        "None of us knew this would happen." Aisha spoke weakly while trying to keep her balance. "We wouldn't think this would've happened."

        Speka turned to face her sister, anger painted her face," that doesn't mean we should've left him alone! He's dead because we did nothing to protect him! We should've known better!"

        "We were too focused on finding Kayak; admit it, not even you would've imagined something like this happening." Aisha kept her voice calm and quiet.

        Speka cursed at her," how can you be so calm? Can't you understand he's dead now?! He's the one who gave your team a place to sleep, food to eat, and the location to the Dragon's Nest or whatever it was called! How can you be so heartless to brush this off?!"

        Now it was Aisha's turn to raise her voice," I do care! Unlike you I'm being mature about all of this! You're acting like a little kid, Speka, screaming and getting angry won't fix anything. It won't help us find Kayak and it won't bring Buch back to life!"

        "I'm being immature about this?" Speka laughed at her sister's statement. "I have every right to scream and get angry over this!"

        "Can you stop being selfish for five minutes?!" Aisha shot back. "Stop screaming and respect the dead! Stop attracting attention to yourself. It's always about you, you never care about anyone else! You don't have the right to attract attention towards yourself here! Stop blaming others, stop acting like the victim! Grow up and accept the fact that you're the reason that you've been kicked out of the family!"

        My jaw dropped at what Aisha just said; Aisha didn't seem to regret what she had said. I looked around to see my team mates sharing a similar expression. We each take a step back from Aisha, we braced ourselves for a fight break out between the sisters.

        With clenched fists Speka helped herself up, her eyes narrowed at her twin," you don't know a single thing about me, so don't you dare go making assumptions like that!" She spat.

        Aisha crosses her arms," I know you like the back of my hand!" She began. "You've always caused trouble! I remember that smirk on that face when you betrayed us, I remember that stupid little smile you had the day you broke our hearts; Speka, I can read you like a book!"