76

Everyone was a sobbing mess. I sat silently against Yang. Not only was I suffering through physical pain but now I'm forced to endure emotional torture. I locked my eyes on the duo at the foot of the alter, they were both pale from the fallen army. The portal behind them continued to stir. A crimson mess stretched in front of them, the blood of the fallen blending together as one red pool.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to kill them or torture them. Everything emotion hammering against my mind all felt the same. I was numb but even then the warm tears continued to rain down.

"They eliminated the army as expected." Ciel said. His voice made Chung and Elsword snap their heads up.

"Who knew those two still had it in them?" Lu softened her voice. "They deserve to die after killing so many demons."

"How could you two be so cruel?" Elsword forced himself up, his legs trembling under his weight.

Lu shrugged," blame it on your kind. If it weren't for humans we wouldn't have to resort to this."

"You're all monsters." Elsword drew his swords trudged forward, his blades scraping against the cracked stone floor. "If demons didn't exist Aisha would still be here."

"If humans didn't exist my mistress' family would still be alive." Ciel aimed his gun at Elsword.

"P-please stop fighting, Elsword." Speka pleaded, but he was already too far to hear her.

"I'll kill them," Chun shot up to his feet and aimed his cannon.

"I would be careful of your actions." Ciel promptly changed his target and fired. The flash of blue hit Speka on the shoulder. She wailed and slumped down. Elsword froze on the spot.

"Aish—I-I mean Speka!" Elsword turned to look at her. His face was white as snow.

"I-I'm alive." She broke into sobs. "I-I'm o-okay."

Chung cursed and dropped his weapon. There was nothing else we could do to retaliate. We were weak, tired, and hurt. If we tried to fight we would just be digging our own graves.

The ground trembled once again.

Lu put on a wicked smile on her face. Elsword staggered back and raised his swords up, each weapon shaking in his grip.

A demon, probably the size of a house, stepped out from the portal. It's sky-blue eyes scanning over us like animals in a zoo. Muscles bulged from its chest and arms. It dragged its husky arms behind it, razor sharp claws extended from its fingers. The demon looked as if it was clad of blue armour, it's face, legs, back, and hands were veiled in a navy blue shell; leaving its white underside exposed. Glowing blue markings extended from its eyes and wrapped around its face—even the back of its hands were imprinted with them. White fur wrapped around its wide shoulders, giving it an illusion of a hood.

The demon roared, revealing the tiny fangs lined in its mouth.

I truly understood the feeling of fear at that moment. Every inch of my being screamed at me to run but my legs and arms was already drained of strength. I could hardly breathe, every time I tried to take a breath an invisible wall kept the air from entering my lungs. The remains of my stomach crept up my throat. I snapped my mouth shut and swallowed, barely pushing down the contents to its rightful place.

"Welcome back, Berthe." Lu waved at it. "Our Master has worked hard to free you."

"Oh?" Berthe set its eyes on Elsword. Its pink tongue trailed along its mouth. "Would your master be a human?"

"Human? Now that's just insulting." A voice blared in the distance.

In an instant the field was swept in a bone chilling aura. It was strong enough to make even lions tremble in fear. The guilt and pain I had pounding in my head seemed to intensify, the physical pain I was enduring was like a tickle compared to the acidity of my thoughts.