73

Without thinking I threw myself at Chung. We both crumbled onto the ground as the three arrows barely skimmed passed. I scrambled up to my feet and face Rena once the arrows had passed.

"Are you okay?" I asked, scratching a piece of hair out of my mouth.

"I-I'm fine." Chung stammered, helping himself up in haste.

"Looks like the Amethyst decided to take control of her again." I made a quick scan of our surrounding, but I couldn't catch the necromancer anywhere.

Rena drew her bow back once more and fired, releasing two arrows directly at us. We parted in opposite directions, allowing the arrows to zip safely by.

"We can't keep her like this," I said, averting my eyes back on the elf. "We should try to restrain her."

"I agree," Chung raised his fists up. "Try not to hurt her too much though. It's not her fault she's being controlled."

"Right," Eun's energy flared to life—gifting me with nine snow white tails.

Rena drew her bow back and aimed it at me. I bent my knees and growled lowly. Once sure of her shot she released the green arrow. I leaped to the side the instant her fingers left the string. Chung charged toward her at that very moment—I followed behind shortly after.

She continued to fire at us. We both jumped around to dodge, barely missing the flying arrows advancing toward us.

Once I was close enough I pounced, tackling her down on the ground. Before I could properly restrain her down a fist collided into my face, sending stars into my vision.

"Oof." Another bony fist collided into my stomach. I rolled off her, my vision still dotted with black spots.

"Ara!" Chung's voice sounded shortly behind.

I shook my head and blinked. My vision was still polluted with spots but they were gradually growing less dense as each second passed. Once I had regained most of my sight I instantly noted the rain of kicks Rena was launching at Chung—he barely blocked each of the assaults. Eventually one of her kicks successfully collided into his stomach. He hugged his arms around his new injury and staggered back.

I took that chance to pounce at her again," sorry, Rena." I said just as I collided my fist into the side of her head.

I flipped back the instant she retaliated with a punch of her own. With her face still void of emotions she drew her bow again.

"Super secret awesome ice orb!" Out of nowhere a glowing blue smashed into Rena's head, releasing a puff of white smoke once broken. The white puff swallowed her whole, like a snake engulfing its prey.

I readjusted my footing and kept my eyes locked on her. The white curtain disappeared as quick as it had appeared, underneath its cover Rena stood frozen in place. Glistening ice stuck onto her legs like glue, restricting any further movement.

"Yeah, that was totally cool!" Amos entered the fight on Yang's back. He carried an open backpack in one hand and another blue orb in the other.

"Amos?" Chung lowered his fists. "What are you doing here? It's dangerous out here."

"I'm here to help," Amos slid off of Yang's back and threw another orb at Rena. This time she leaned back, allowing the orb to pass by and break on the ground.

"Eve and Raven wouldn't like that." I warned, averting my eyes back on Rena.

"They don't have to know." He dug his hand into the backpack again.

Rena aimed her bow at Amos and fired. Yang took action almost instantly. With flames engulfing its paws it leaped forward, with a single swipe the arrow burned into crisps.