38

Those of you who have experienced writer's block know my struggle >.< That's one of the reasons for this long update, I didn't want to post something I wrote poorly. You awesome people deserve to read my "best" work!

On a completely different note, I'm starting to plan for the last two stories! This story is going to be quite lengthy so don't be surprised if I post a new story while this is still on going. Just give me some time and I promise I'll get this one finished...eventually.

We returned to the village in silence, Raven and I didn't utter a single word throughout the walk back. I wanted to say something to help Eve cheer up but nothing came into mind, and when I had the courage to speak up Eun warned me about the possible consequences that could come along with it.

When we returned to Amos' place we found that everyone has already gotten back from their shift and were all waiting for us to return. Raven, Eve, and I settled down with the rest of the team and began exchanging information with each other.

My group shared our little adventure up on the surface first, everyone seemed to give Eve the same pitiful look when we revealed the Nasod's end. I wanted to tell them not to look at Eve in such a way, it'll only make her feel worse, but decided it'd be best if I kept quiet.

"So that's what took place," Raven concluded with folded hands. "It appears the Nasods no longer recognize Eve as their ruler." He added on hesitantly.

He took a quick glance at Eve, the Nasod Queen didn't even meet him in the eye, she stared blankly to the ground without uttering a single word. Raven mumbled a quick sorry before gesturing Elsword to share his group's information.

"R-right," Elsword cleared his voice. "According to the villagers there has been a strange rise in the number of Nasods, each day they are seeing more and more Nasods out in the fields."

"The Nasods also seem to have an increase in activity." Aisha adds on. "Many of the villagers whom we interviewed believe these Nasods have gotten a leader of some sort."

"A leader?" I blurt out. "Why would they think that?"

"When the Nasods try to enter the village they attack in a very disorderly fashion." Chung replied. "From what I gathered they often trample on one another just to have a chance to hit the doors, the Ponggos often collect the trample Nasods for parts."

"However, the attacks now have been more orderly," Aisha added." The Nasods seem to be attacking in different troops. During one of the attacks, a villager heard the Nasods repeating what seemed to be an order."

The team grew silent to take in the new information. If the Nasods do have a new leader, like the Ponggos suspect they do, then we may have to deal with an entire army at some point.

I suspect this leader may also have the El Shard. Eun pipes in. The Nasods that stole the El Shard from us would no doubt give such a powerful item to their leader.

'That's true, Eun, but we don't even know for sure if these Nasods even have a leader. They could've just gotten smarter and improved on their team work.'

"If these Nasods really do have a leader this could mean trouble for us," Eve spoke up softly---she clasped her hands tightly together and went on," there's no doubt this leader would want the Nasods to overthrow every other race in Elrois. If we get involved with them that could cause a war between Altera and Nasods."

War, that word alone sent shivers down my spine. The thought of having to go to war sound almost surreal to me, a part of me refuses to believe such a statement but I know such a big battle could break out if this keeps up.