75

Yang charged at Amethyst at full speed. Every inch we drew to our target made a small piece of me crumble into the empty darkness. I knew my blade would not just end the life of this disgusting creep, but it'll also sever the life of Aisha and Rena.

It's for the best. I remind myself. Rena asked you to do it. It's the least you can do for her.

Despite the twisting in my stomach I carried on and readied myself to pounce at the target.

Just like before, shadows seeped through the ground and shot up from beneath our feet. Yang took quick note of the assault and leaped up, safely catapulting us over the dark wall.

"Yang, help me fight." I said just before leaping off its back.

I pointed my blade down at my target. For the first time Amethyst moved, bringing along the encircling ghosts. I cursed as my blade plunged into the stone ground. Yang pounced at the Amethyst next, clawing down on him with a flaming paw.

Amethyst tried to back away from the swift attack but failed to completely fall out of range. He groaned from the hit and doubled back. The ghosts guarding him shot at Yang, forcing my Phoru back.

I cursed I pulled my spear out," Flying Kite!" With a burst of wind I launched forward.

I zipped past the Amethyst, swiping my blade across his side along the way. With a blink of an eye I was on the move again, this time aiming my blade on his glowing chest. I swiped my spear just like last time, but before it could make contact his metallic hands shot up. The end of my spear was trapped in between his hands, its sharp edge merely inches away from his chest.

"You really are a fool." He laughed.

I screamed at the unseen force pushing me back. I tumbled and rolled across the bumpy ground, indenting bruises and scrapes on my body along the way.

When I finally came to a stop I perked my head up and made a quick scan of the battle field. The portal by Lu and Ciel was growing brighter with each passing second while the fight between my friends raged on aimlessly. Rena and Aisha attacked with full force, everyone else was stuck on the defence.

"Do you not care about your friends' life?" Amethyst was drawing closer. From behind I saw Yang slowly creeping up, like a wolf stalking its prey.

I forced my eyes on the Amethyst and answered," you're keeping them here like slaves." I seethed. "They're still suffering because of you."

"Suffering?" Amethyst repeated incredulously. "They are alive. How is that suffering?"

"Their souls should be resting in peace." I shot back. "Y-you forced them to return and fight. How is that not suffering?"

"I don't know about you, laddie, but I'd rather be alive than rotting underground." Amethyst paused for a brief second. "Though death has never scared me so I suppose being dead wouldn't be that bad."

The ghosts encasing his body shifted behind him as Yang readied to pounce. Amethyst took note of the unknown presence behind him and pried his attention away from me. I took that golden opportunity to attack.

"Rock Smash!" I shot up to my feet and tackled myself into Amethyst. The aftershock of the attack blew the necromancer right into Yang.

"Arrgh!" Amethyst howled as he was swallowed with a blanket of flames. He threw himself on the ground and rolled.

I was about to launch a second attack when the ghosts hovering by him broke free and fired straight at us. I held myself back and focused on the new threat.

"Moonlight Slash!" I swiped my spear horizontally, sending a crescent shockwave at the targets. Majority of the ghosts were wiped out with that single swipe, the few that escaped were promptly singed by Yang.