70

When we returned our destination everyone (except Amos) was circled at the entrance of the tent. Allegro was in the middle speaking among them. Chung and I piped down as we reached them, the group silently widened for us to join in when we arrived---I found myself hiding behind Chung upon catching Rena's narrowed eyes on me.

"S-so as it stands now," Allegro took a quick glance at Chung and I. "Aisha is in a very dangerous state. The poison she's been injected with is very strong--"

"I-is there anyway to cure it?" Elsword cut him off hastily---my stomach twisted upon noticing his snow white face and puffy eyes.

Allegro bowed his head, his glasses slid down the bridge of his nose from the gesture," t-the poison is something I've never seen before. I-I can't promise I'll be able to find a cure for her."

Elsword's jawline tightened and his eyes welled with tears. The word 'sorry' threatened to jump off my tongue, but I knew my none of my words would be able to bring his girlfriend back.

"But is there still a chance we could find a cure?" Eve asked, even her eyes were puffy from the incident.

"M-maybe," Allegro answered lightly, he pushed his glasses back up his nose. "I-I can't promise a perfect cure, but I can try using the strongest antidote on her--"

"Then try!" Allegro tensed at Elsword's sudden outburst. "Please, Allegro, try and help her. I-I don't care how much we need to pay just please help her." His strong and booming voice fell into a whisper.

Allegro's eyes sparked at his reaction, "I-I have a cure in mind." he paused for a brief second. "But the main ingredient I need is rather hard to obtain."

"What is it?" Speka asked.

"I-I need a specific flower, it resembles that of a lily. Its petals are red as blood—not hard to find." He answered. "Um...good news is the flowers we need are abundant in Feita's woods, but obtaining it will be a bit problematic."

"Let me guess, the flower we need is surrounded by demons or something." Speka blurted with annoyance dripping in her every word. "Figures."

"N-not surrounded but the woods are littered with danger." Allegro bowed his head. "I-I wish there was another way."

"Whatever, we'll go to the forest and get the flower." Elsword raked his hand through his red hair. "We'll be leaving now."

"Now?" Allegro quoted with widened eyes. "You guys just returned and--"

"Aisha doesn't have that much time," Elsword cut him off, his booming voice made the alchemist tense on the spot. Elsword curled his hands into tight fists added," we'll get the flower and cure Aisha."

Allegro quickly bobbed his head," r-right." He answered curtly. "T-the flower is quite common in the woods so it shouldn't take long to find it. I-I still advise on not going though. The demons there are rather hard to spot and we don't have any troops who are fit to help you guys."

"We'll go anyways," Speka piped in. "I'd rather die to demons than to let my sister suffer any longer."

"I agree with Speka," Eve added. "As friends we should do everything in our power to help Aisha, even if we die trying."

"F-fair enough." Allegro bobbed his head. "I-I'll be in my tent until you guys return."

"Oh and before you go—"Raven placed his Nasod hand on Allegro's shoulder"—where is Amos?"

"H-he's in Lento's tent. I-I told him to practice making new elemental orbs." His response evidently made Raven relax.

"Good," he lifted his hand off. "Please don't tell him any of this. Just say we went out to run some errands."