24

Dinner was awkward - no awkward doesn't even begin to describe it. Buch called everyone out to have dinner, we were all expected to eat dinner with our new guest. To make matters worse Buch sat the two sisters beside each other, this factor alone was enough to shut us all up. I decided to sit myself between Eve and Raven, sitting beside them will certainly help lift the tension for me.

        We remained silent as Buch brought out the food for us, there wasn't much to offer due to the fact that the food was made just for the guest - no one thought of having dinner together.

        "There may not be enough to fill up everyone." Buch hands us our plates. Most of our plates were barely filled with food. "I'll prepare some more for everyone."

        Silence came as a result. Speka awkwardly began to eat, we did not utter a single word as the Dark Mage ate her food.

        Perhaps this mage knows of the Shard's location. Eun said suddenly. 

        'We can ask her about that later.' I try my best to keep a straight face. 'Let's just wait until some of this tension is gone.'

         This will surely take long time.

        "So, Speka, how are you enjoying Bethma so far?" Buch breaks the silence. Speka tenses up at his question.

        "It's really warm." She replies in a small whisper.

        "This old lizard has poor ears, so you better speak up."

        Speka clears her voice," it's warm here. I would've enjoyed it more if I wasn't captured by that lady."

        "That's a rude way to address someone." Aisha grumbles. Speka sends her a quick glare before returning to her meal.

        "Stella is just under a lot of stress." Buch replied nonchalantly. "She has to protect this village and take care of a young lizard. To some our Stella is a cold woman, but she is really a kind-hearted person. She'll sacrifice all of her time to ensure the safety of our village."

        "She sounds like a mother." Aisha pipes in. Speka's shoulders tense up at her sister's remark. "Everyone knows a mother's love is unbreakable towards her children. It's a real shame when her own children betray her. I wonder if her child would feel sorry for breaking their mother's heart."

        The tension thickens around us; glancing around the table I notice everyone's wandering eyes. It's a matter of time before the two sisters fight one another and we all want to get out of here before at happens.

        "That's true," Speka replies calmly. "It's also sad how a mother is unable to accept her children. If a mother truly loved her children she would not expect them to grow up the way she wants them to, she should allow them to choose their own path."

        Aisha crosses her arms," mother's do know best."

        "Some mothers only care about what they want. They do not acknowledge the fact that their children are not her slaves. They have a will and mind of their own. Mothers like that are a disgrace."

        Aisha suddenly pounds her fists against the table, a few of us gasp at the sudden noise. All eyes land on the two sisters," shut up!" Aisha cries loudly.

        Speka stares blankly at her twin," you're so--"

        Aisha cuts her off," you have no right to talk about my mother like that!" She glares icily at Speka. "You weren't there when she was crying, when she bowed down at our father's grave to apologize; when she gave up on using magic!"