32

Darkness was the first thing to welcome me when I came into consciousness. For the first few minutes I thought I was dead; I was sure I was dead. It wasn't until I felt the sharp pain in my back when I knew I was still alive; I don't know how but I am alive! 

I squint my eyes open, groaning the instant the harsh sunlight hit me. I could hear someone shuffling by my bedside as a response. 

"Ara?" A childish voice sounded. "Ara, are you awake?" It beamed with excitement. 

"Lucas?" I drowsily turn to face the young lizard. "Where am I?" I studied the strange room. 

"You're in Stella's house." Lucas answered almost instantly. "Thank goodness we found you all in time. You would've been dead if we had arrived a minute later!"

Dead eh? I wonder if I would've bee able to reunite with my village; my family, if I had died. I guess its just not my time to see them again. 

"Where is everyone else?" I asked softly. "What became of the dragon?"

Lucas' face lit up with excitement," you and your friends defeated the dragon!" He exclaimed. "You and your friends are heroes! We would all be dead if your team had never come here!"

I smiled at our victory, at least we were able to save this village. Despite the fact that I lost the El Shard, I'm happy that we were able save everyone. That's a good enough victory for me. 

It's not satisfying for me. Eun grunted. We failed to obtain the El Shard, there is nothing to be celebrated about. 

'Oh shush, Eun. Let's just be happy for the villagers, we can worry about the El Shard some other time.' 

I suppose you are right. 

Lucas' eyes widened with worry as I tried to help myself up," you need rest!" He urged me to lay down. "I can call your friends in if you want." 

"If you don't mind," I winced; letting myself lay down once again. 

"I'll be right back!" He said; running out the room.

 I could hear him shouting at my friends to see me, I smiled at the thought of seeing everyone again. After what we went through it'll be nice to see everyone healthy and well again. 

"Ara!" Echo was the first to enter my room. Her face went pale at the sight of my weakened state. "Are you in pain? Can you breathe okay? How many fingers am I holding up?" 

"I'm okay," I giggled; in hopes of lightening the mood. "Just a bit tired and sore." 

"If you weren't sore I'd be concerned." Elsword poked his head in. "Being stabbed in the back would hurt." 

I was stabbed? I guess that would explain how I lost my iron grip on the Shard. 

"I could say the same about you," I point out, with a wink." How are you doing?"

Elsword smiled childishly," well I can walk without limping now, so I think I'm doing pretty good!" He said with a thumbs up. "I'm doing even better now that you're awake and well!" 

"I'm surprised you didn't bleed out before we got to you." Raven made his way in with Eve following behind him. 

"Echo did an amazing job treating you." Eve added on. Echo blushed at the compliment. 

"We found your spear at the bottom of the lake." Chung joined in, with an upset expression. I couldn't help but feel irritated, he is the only one here who seems upset at my recovery; here I thought Chung and I became closer as friends.