25

We devoured the soup Buch cooked for us within a few minutes, to say we were hungry would be an understatement. Raven and Elsword kindly volunteered to clean up after our dinner was finished. The remaining team members sat in silence as we awaited the new information Buch has obtained.

        "Aisha, before I start I would like you to know one thing." Buch said sternly. Aisha replied with a small nod. "Your sister is not a bad person. I would like you to calm down and try to put yourself in her shoes, as her twin I am sure you are the only one who can truly understand her."

        Aisha averts her eyes away from Buch," I'll try." She responded hesitantly while playing with her thumbs.

        "On to the important note." Buch folds his hands together. "Speka did not come here to cause evil, she had two reasons to come to Bethma. One was because she sensed a strong vibe of Dark Magic in this area. Being a Dark Mage she wanted to investigate, perhaps she could find something to help strengthen her powers." Buch looked sternly at Aisha. 

        "The second reason was because of her grandfather. During her trip here she bumped into her grandfather, she wanted to retreat but he sensed her presence before she had time to leave."

        Something sparked in immediately in Aisha's eyes,"did she attack him?" She blurt out worriedly.

        "Fear not, Aisha, your sister did not lay a hand on him." Buch reassured. "He invited her to walk with him, from what she said your grandfather seemed delighted to see her again."

        "Oh." Aisha mumbled; she shamefully sunk into her seat. 

        "Speka found it odd how he asked her about the different types of spells that can be performed with Dark Magic." Buch continued. "After telling him of all she knew her grandfather gave her a hug. He told her of how he still loves his young grand-daughter and was sorry that he was not there when everyone went against her. Long story short, Speka forgave her grandfather and agreed to visit her mother with him after he was finished his quest - according to Speka he didn't reveal much about his quest here until the end."

        How is such information important? Eun growled. It is a waste of our time.

        'Shush, Eun, he's doing this for Aisha.'

        "Before he left, her grandfather said something very strange. He told her to search for his body on the mountains, with structures imitating the lizard's lake, if he does not return after 3 days."

        "So that's why she was in the village." Eve noted. "She was probably wanting to know more about these mountains and the lake."

        "The lake he spoke of must be Bethma Lake," I began piecing together the bits. "But what is he referring to when he says; the mountains with structures imitating the lizard's lake?"

        Buch folded his arms," here is where this old alchemist comes in handy." His once warm and welcoming tone is now replaced with a stern and serious one. "I don't normally grant warriors such a valuable piece of information, but I have seen your performance and I can say without a doubt I trust your team."

        "Buch, you're referring the the dragon's location, right?" Chung asked. The elder made eye contact with him, both parties looked at each other tensely.

        "It is known as the Dragon Nest." He began slowly. "A great beast covered with scorching flames resides within those mountains. Its entrance has been blocked off by a pile boulders, but I know that Dark Mage has broken into the lair."