60

The next chapter will be a little late, I can't promise it will be out by tonight but I'll try my best to get it done. Thanks for your patience and remember to stay awesome :)

Almost everyone was present when we returned back home. Echo was seated at our dining table, with fingers tapping rapidly on her laptop, while Lowe was in a middle of a phone call with Aisha, ordering her to return as soon as possible. Raven, Eve, and Amos were seated quietly at the living room, Chung and I joined them without a second thought. It didn't take long for Aisha to return home and when she came back Lowe gestured us to the dining table for a meeting. We mutely gathered around with eyes on Echo---to say she looked over-worked would be an understatement. Loose strands of silver hair stuck out in various directions from her head, her emerald eyes were now cloaked with dark bangs underneath.

"As you all know, this is known to be the most peaceful time of the year." Echo began with eyes glued onto her laptop screen. "Normally magic levels and demon activities are significantly lower thus leaving our world in a state of tranquility---but this year is different."

"Have any of you felt a strange disturbance during these past few months?" Lowe asked, folding his hands behind him. "Like a shift of the magic levels."

We each nodded stiffly, Lowe's jaws tightened at our response.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"We've received reports of unusual magic buildup in the area known as Feita." Echo resumed typing on the laptop. "Demon activity has sky-rocketed as well. Knights have also reported seeing two anomalies leading demons to attack and gather."

This sounds like the warning Scarlet gave me, I thought grimly. If she knew about it before the Knights began detecting it, who knows how long those two have been active in Feita?

"Tonight the Feita Temple was breached by demons. All the Knights that were guarding it was wiped out, no survivors have been reported."

Aisha gasped," that's awful."

"They reached out to all Red Knight bases for help and Lowe has decided to send our best team out." She glanced up at us with a smile. "We've gathered your clothes and weapons already, they should be boarding an airplane as we speak. I've also included both El Shards with them, in case you guys need an extra power boost."

Why would she consider taking both the El Shards? We are strong enough with only one Shard, it is unnecessary and dangerous to have two.

'She's just looking out for us, Eun, please try not to be judgmental.'

"Wait, we're leaving tonight?" Raven blurted.

"Feita needs all the help it can get as soon as possible." Lowe replied. "I apologize for sending you all away on such short notice."

"What about Elsword?" Eve asked. "He is back at home with his sister."

"The plane you will be taking stops at Velder," Echo answered with a yawn. "Elesis has been informed of your arrival and will be expecting you tomorrow morning. Elesis will direct you guys to the Feita transport team, from there you guys will listen to the orders given out by the leader of the Feita base."

"Can I come too?" Amos piped in. A frown instantly formed on Raven's lips at the sound of his request.

"I don't think that's a good idea, kiddo." Lowe answered before Raven got a chance to. "The troops out there also detected a high level of dark magic---much higher than the one you felt in Bethma." He added, forgetting Amos was not with us in Bethma.

"But I wanna help too," Amos whined, ignoring Lowe's mention of Bethma.

"Lowe is right," Eve ruffled Amos' head. "This is too dangerous for you."