01 | the devil all the time

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER ONE :
THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME

╚──────────────────────╝

LUCIOUS

Lucious was sitting up in a hellish prison, but it's okay because today was his last day. He did his twenty years and now it was time to get the hell up out of there.

The world was probably missing him like crazy. He wasn't missing them though. He was only missing one person and that was his woman Cookie. And he knew she was missing him too.

Well you and I will be reunited real soon, Cookie. Just hold on baby, Lucious thought.

Anyway, the inmates got thirty minutes of free time in that hellhole and they could either choose to spend it outside on the yard, or in a tiny ass recreation room. And of course Lucious picked the recreation room because he liked watching the TV.

His friend Shyne Johnson was there with him. He was the only friend Lucious made in there because he was the only one he could trust. Everyone else in there was trying to kill Lucious and they failed.

They're the ones who got killed actually. Lucious strangled them with his bare hands. And of course he got away with it because he told his outside help to pay the guards handsomely to keep them hushed and it worked.

People will do anything for money.

And Lucious normally wouldn't have paid the guards off. Under different circumstances he would've happily taken the extra time on his sentence because he took pride in his murders, but he had a woman waiting for him back home.

Lucious started recalling how he ended up in jail in the first place. It all started when he was 7. His mother hired a babysitter for him while she went out and the babysitter kept getting on his nerves. She kept trying to make Lucious go to bed early and he hated it, so he straight up killed her.

And it gave him a rush. And from that day on is when he knew he liked killing.

Lucious didn't get in trouble for that murder because his mother helped him cover it up. And then fast forward three years later, he ended up killing his own mother too!

He did it because she kept calling him Dwight when he told her his name was Lucious! But his mother couldn't accept that, so she had to die.

And he somehow didn't get caught for that murder either. But thanks to that incident, he had to go to a foster home because he had no more family. It wasn't too bad. He got to go to public school and everything.

But high school is when everything changed.

Lucious went to two high schools in his life. He got kicked out of the first one because he was too violent apparently. The second high school is where he met Cookie, and she was the queen bee man. Everyone wanted a piece of that, but she only wanted him.

That made Lucious feel like the man. And he actually wanted to be a better man for Cookie. He really wanted to stop his murderous ways, but those jocks were getting a little too close and they were hating a little too hard. So Lucious tampered with their cars, causing them to get into a deadly car accident.

And it was oh so brutal. Lucious was laughing at the thought. And of course he got away with those murders too, but his reckless ways eventually caught up to him. You see, he murdered some more people in his adulthood because they were being a pain in the ass and he finally got caught.

Cookie and his three sons saw him getting dragged away in handcuffs, and the heartbreak on their faces actually made Lucious regret doing the shit he did.

He really wasn't feeling like the man after that.

But he got over it and pleaded guilty because he took pride in his murders like previously mentioned. And he was supposed to be in jail for way longer than 20 years, but he had a lot of pull.

He was finally getting out tomorrow and he was going straight to Cookie.

Can't wait to be reunited, baby, Lucious thought.

Shyne snapped him out of his thoughts. "What you thinking about over there? I know it ain't Cookie again."

"Hell yeah it's Cookie! She's the love of my life and I'm the love of hers!"

Shyne snorted. "Yeah? Is that why she divorced your ass as soon as you got arrested?"

Lucious brushed that off. "Man, she was just frightened that's all. You know how Cookie be. But she knows where home is."

Shyne just said, "Yeah, at Empire."

And then he focused on the tv and Lucious saw Cookie talking to a reporter about how Empire Entertainment was thriving right now. Lucious just stared at the screen with heart eyes because damn. She still looked good twenty years later.

Shyne spoke again. "Seems like she's doing fine without you."

"And she's gonna do even better with me." Lucious grinned. "I can't wait until she's by my side again."

"Well she probably will be by your side because I don't see a ring on her finger or anything. So I think you're good, man."

Lucious was glad. "Good, because if she was out here cheating on me, she'd be a widow real quick."

Real fucking quick.

Cookie was done hyping Empire up, so the reporter changed the topic. "How do you feel about El Diablo being released from prison?"

Cookie was confused. "El Diablo?"

"Yes. That's your ex husband's nickname."

Cookie decided not to comment while Lucious snickered. The streets gave him the nickname El Diablo, or The Devil in English. And they were right, he was the devil.

He was the Devil All The Time.

- END OF INTRO -

WARNING : This book is DARK as you can see. There will be killing and other demonic stuff happening, so don't read if you're not comfortable.

I'm not even comfortable writing this, but I am ☠️