56 | engaged

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER FIFTY SIX :
ENGAGED

╚──────────────────────╝

ANGELO

NEXT DAY

Angelo was in the greatest mood he's been in a long time. He knew it was odd considering the fact that Cookie rejected his proposal, but she came to talk to him afterwards and told him that she did want to get married after all. So they were engaged!

They obviously didn't tell Lucious because it was none of his damn business. He wasn't making it on the guest list anyway. And Angelo knew Cookie didn't want to provoke Lucious, but that man had to go. So when they get married, Angelo was going to force her to get a restraining order because he didn't want that man near his wife.

Cassie's funeral is today so Angelo finished getting ready. His mother was knitting on the couch as usual. "Morning mother."

"Morning." She looked up at him and saw him grinning from ear to ear. "Why are you so happy, Angelo?"

"I'll tell you why, mother. Because a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders."

"Oh? Why is that?" She continued knitting.

"Because Cookie and I no longer have to sneak around. Lucious knows about us."

Diana jerked her head onto him worriedly. "Excuse me?"

"Yup. He caught us kissing."

"And you're still alive right now?"

That was a dumb question. "I'm standing here, aren't I?"

"For how long, Angelo?!" Diana exclaimed worriedly.

He huffed. "How many times do I have to tell everyone that Lucious is not touching me?!" Angelo was getting sick of saying it! Lucious didn't scare a bone in his body!

His mother was getting furious with his stubbornness. "And how many times do I have to tell you dating that bitch is dangerous?! So that's it, your relationship is over!"

"No it's not."

"I'm not playing, Angelo! There's been so many deaths happening and I'll be damned if you're next! So you're going to call Cookie and dump her right now!" Diana demanded.

Angelo shook his head. "I can't do that."

"Yes you can!"

"I can't! I just proposed to her!"

You'd think Diana was having a heart attack based on the look on her face. "What?! What did she say?!"

"She said no because Lucious was standing in the room, but she eventually said yes. So we're getting married, mother."