76 | hospital visit

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX :
HOSPITAL VISIT

╚──────────────────────╝

JAMAL

Jamal and Cotton were chilling in his room. They had the house to themselves because everyone was out with their significant other. Well, except for Cookie and Andre. They're single.

Jamal didn't know where Cookie was and he didn't know what was going on with Andre. None of them have seen or heard from him since he spoke to Lucious the other day. Is he missing too?

Jamal focused on his girl. "So you broke things off with Maurice?"

"Yeah I did and he wasn't happy at all. And I may or may not have called him a coward."

She was right though. "Yeah, he's really not happy about that. But you didn't lie."

"Yeah, but I'm scared Jamal! Maurice is aggressive as hell and he still shows up when I'm working! I see him every night!"

Yeah...the way Cotton makes money is the only problem Jamal had with her. Especially if Maurice was still lurking around. "Listen babe, I don't want you doing that kind of work anymore."

Cotton gave him a warning look. "Jamal, you know I don't like people telling me what to do with my body."

"I know, but I don't want anyone else touching you."

"So how am I supposed to make money?"

"Sign with Empire."

Cotton laughed loud. "Are you out of your mind?! I'm not an artist, Jamal!"

Jamal kept urging her. "Come on! That song you made about me was a hit! You sounded good! And if you sign with Empire, you'll make more hits! I know it!"

Cotton wasn't budging. "Yeah I'll pass. I'm not ready for that fame shit yet."

"Then don't do it for the fame. Do it because you love music."

Cotton was still being dismissive. "Maybe one day."

"So you're going to keep being around Maurice?" Jamal asked angrily.

Cotton heaved a sigh. "Jamal, I'd rather not argue about my job. Can we change the topic?"

Whatever. Jamal grabbed his phone and realized he had 15 missed calls from Cookie. He didn't even know she was calling. He called her back. "Ma?"

Cookie snapped like crazy. "You don't know how to answer the phone?!"

Jamal flinched at her tone. "Ma, I'm spending time with Cotton."