74 | job well done

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER SEVENTY FOUR :
JOB WELL DONE

╚──────────────────────╝

LUCIOUS

Kingsley has some serious explaining to do! He had no business trying to kill Cookie! Lucious didn't tell him to do that! He didn't tell Kingsley to avenge him at all! He did that on his own!

Lucious really wished Kingsley didn't do this stupid shit because now he had no choice but to do what he was about to do. So he went home to retrieve his gun. He stared down at it sadly because this is the one murder he wasn't going to take pride in, but it has to be done.

Anyone who hurts Cookie has to die. Family or not.

Kingsley's hiding from the police, so Lucious didn't  know where he was. He was sure Kingsley would tell him though because he's the one person Kingsley trusts. So Lucious called him and asked for his whereabouts.

"Hello dad. Did you hear about what I did?"

"Yes I did and I need to talk to you. So where are you, son?"

Then Kingsley told him where he was hiding and Lucious headed there.

-

Now Lucious was standing in front of Kingsley, staring at him with not even a single ounce of happiness on his face. Kingsley noticed. "You seem mad."

"Oh I am mad, son. You really tried to kill Cookie?"

"She deserved it. She broke your heart."

"Yes she did break my heart, but I don't want her dead."

Kingsley felt confused. "But we always kill people. That's what we do."

"Not the love of my life!" Lucious scolded. "If I wanted revenge, then I would've handled Cookie myself!"

Kingsley frowned as he averted his gaze down to his hands. "Well I'm sorry. I didn't know. She's an enemy, so I assumed you wouldn't mind."

"Well I do mind, Kingsley. And I'm so angry because now you gave me no choice but to do what I'm about to do."

"What?" Kingsley wondered. Lucious simply took out his gun and Kingsley isn't even scared. He actually chuckled. "Oh I see. This is the end of me, huh?"

Yeah it was and Lucious fucking hated it. He was filled with sorrow. "I love you Kingsley, but I made a promise to Cookie that I would never let anyone hurt her. So I can't let you get away with this, son."

"It's okay, dad. I understand. All I ever wanted was your acceptance and I got it, so my life is complete. So go ahead and kill me. I'll allow it."

Lucious nodded and slowly raised the gun and pointed it at him. He would've pulled the trigger already, but this was his son he was about to kill. His favorite son. He hated this shit.

But it had to be done, so he pulled the trigger and Kingsley's dead body fell to the floor. Lucious looked down at him with tears emerging in his eyes for the first time ever because he loved that man. He was loyal, ruthless, and a leader. And now he's just dead. Because of him.

COOKIE

COOKIE

"Let me ask y'all something," Cookie said to her three kids that were in front of her. "Andre was out there talking to Lucious for a while, huh?"

Royalty noticed that too. "Yeah, for a couple of minutes."

"So what do y'all think they were talking about?"

Jamal didn't know. "I don't know, but it was probably something serious. Maybe something about Anika?"

Maybe. Cookie was just concerned because Andre never came back inside. He never said bye or told them what was going on or anything, so she was confused. She hoped Lucious didn't take him somewhere. She didn't even want Andre talking to that man. He might turn him into another minion.

Cookie spoke again. "Speaking of Anika, is it just me or did Andre not seem sad at all?"

"Why would he be sad?" Hakeem asked.

"Because his wife is missing. That's not something to be happy about."

"Well he didn't exactly look happy either. He just looked nonchalant," Royalty commented.

"Which is weird to me. He was way too calm," Cookie said.

"Maybe he's just staying hopeful," Royalty assumed.

"A lot of bad shit has been happening lately, Ma. Maybe Andre's become numb to it," Jamal chimed in.

Which isn't good! She didn't want her kids expecting bad shit to happen to them for the rest of their lives! Who wants to live that way?!

Just then, her phone started ringing and it's Lucious calling. She did the biggest eye roll she's ever did in her life because he must be crazy if he thinks she's gonna chat with him after what he did to her fiancé! They ain't cool!

Hakeem pointed at her phone. "You ain't gonna answer?"

"Hell no! I don't wanna talk to that killer!"

"You should pick up. Maybe it's something about Kingsley," Royalty insisted.

Yeah maybe. That's the only reason why she was picking up. "What do you want, devil?"

All Lucious said was, "The job is done."

"And what job are you talking about exactly?"

Lucious spoke specifically. "Kingsley. I handled him. You don't have to worry about him anymore."

"Why do you sound so damn eerie?" Cookie was growing worried now. "Did you kill him, Lucious?!"

"I did." Cookie and her kids just looked at each other wordlessly. "And don't even scold me for this. It had to be done and you know it. He would've kept coming for you."

Cookie knew that was true. "Yeah he would have. So...thanks I guess."

"Yeah, you're welcome. I told you I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you. Not even myself."

Then he hung up and the kids were super shocked. As for Cookie, she was feeling relieved. Now she didn't have to worry about getting choked in her sleep.

"So...our brother is dead? And our father killed him?" Royalty summed up.

"We're calling the cops on his ass, right? Please say we are!" Jamal exclaimed.

But they weren't. "Not this time."

That was unbelievable to Jamal. "Why not?!"

"Because this is the one murder I won't berate Lucious for! That motherfucker Kingsley tried to kill me! He deserved it!"

"That's true. We'll probably waste our time telling the cops because they're clearly too scared to arrest that man anyway."

"Yeah...so your father did good this time." But Cookie couldn't say the same about next time. And she knew there'll be a next time. There always is with that man.