06 | dark times

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER SIX :
DARK TIMES

╚──────────────────────╝

COOKIE

NEXT DAY

"As we've been reporting all day, the crime in this city has been at an all time high ever since yesterday. 50 people were shot and killed across all five boroughs and their identities have yet to be revealed."

"Police are scrambling to find the suspects, but they believe it's going to be tough because they are certain that all 50 shootings were done by 50 different people," the news anchor added.

The anchor looked sad now. "Dark times are among us folks. So police are urging everyone to stay home if you can, or else you might end up a victim too."

Cookie and her children shook their heads after that because what the hell was going on in this city? Why was all of this crime happening now? And the police wanted everyone to stay home but that just wasn't possible. People have to work and go to school.

So Cookie guessed there was just gonna be a whole lot of dead bodies piling up soon.

Jamal was still fixated on the tv. "It's not a coincidence El Diablo got released and then all of these people ended up getting killed, right?"

Hakeem spoke. "Nope. He did this shit."

"How? The police said 50 different people did this," Ro said.

"Yeah and El Diablo was one of them! And he probably told those other 49 people to do this for all we know!"

"I still don't understand why they would ever let a maniac walk free! Now look what's happening!" Andre said angrily.

Ro defended Lucious. "He didn't do this."

Jamal's pissed. "Why in the hell are you defending that man?! You met him once and now you think he's a saint?!"

Ro huffed. "Look, I know he's a killer, but every single crime is not his doing. So we need to stop drilling that thought into our heads."

"So you really don't believe that he shot anyone?" Andre questioned.

"I don't. I think these are just copycats."

Cookie was curious now. "What do you mean, baby?"

"Like Jamal said, it can't be a coincidence that Lucious gets released and then all of this crime starts happening. So what if people are committing these crimes because they wanna be another El Diablo? They wanna make a name for themselves and they want people to fear them too."