64 | get your own

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR :
GET YOUR OWN

╚──────────────────────╝

ALEX

Alex was chilling at Empire with Treasure and Derek. They were her only friends at the moment and she didn't even mind. She'd rather have two real friends than dozens of fake ones.

"Did you guys hear that Cookie's boyfriend died?!" Treasure announced.

Derek didn't hear that. "For real?"

"Yeah! Well he was her fiancé actually. I heard they were newly engaged."

That was odd to Derek. "And then he ended up dead? That's suspicious."

Alex entered the conversation. "What's also suspicious is the fact that people who are connected to the Lyons keep dying. Why is that?"

Treasure knew why. "I can think of one reason. El Diablo."

Derek questioned her. "You think he did it?"

"Don't you? I mean, wouldn't it make sense if the ex-husband killed the new husband out of jealousy?" Treasure replied. "And it's not like Lucious isn't a well known killer."

"Well if that's the case, he needs to be in jail! Anyone who knows the Lyons aren't safe! Including us!" Derek exclaimed worriedly.

"Yeah. But on a happier note, Alex, your performance was fucking amazing!" Treasure praised.

Alex frowned now. "Was it? Because Simone didn't like it at all."

"Because you called her out. She couldn't handle the truth," Derek said.

"Yeah. I guess her girlfriend couldn't either because she stormed out quick."

"And made a diss about you..." Treasure mentioned as she focused down on her phone.

Alex snapped her head onto her angrily. "What?"

Treasure showed her what she was talking about. "Royalty just released a song right now called Get Your Own and it's about you."

Yeah Alex bet it was about her with a title like that. This is probably Royalty's response to her performance. The bitch was furious.

Derek huffed loudly. "Oh here we go. More drama."

Right. Alex had enough of it. Regardless, she listened to the song. Royalty was coming at her hard.

ROYALTY :

Think she'll step out, think she leaving home?
She know better, she know where she belong
Best believe it, I'm the one she want
And not the girl that's tryna kick the Queen off her throne