11 | tripping

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER ELEVEN :
TRIPPING

╚──────────────────────╝

NEXT DAY

Tiana's cheeks ached from all the cheesing she'd been doing. She couldn't stop thinking about her conversation with Hakeem the night before. Strangely, she even dreamed about it.

That talk wasn't just for Hakeem. Tiana needed it as well because she was missing her baby girl so much. She didn't suffer from nightmares like Hakeem, but she did have difficulty sleeping since she couldn't get Bella out of her head. She knew she could talk to her family or Noah about it, but she preferred to talk to Hakeem the way he preferred to talk to her. It wasn't on some flirting shit either. Nobody else would understand, that's all.

It shocked her that Hakeem didn't want to talk to his own girlfriend, though. Speaking of Star, she was nearby. Tiana's gaze was once again drawn to the chain Star had been wearing lately. She knew it was Hakeem's because he always wore it, but how did Star get it? Did he give it to her?

That's interesting, because he never gave Tiana any of his chains when they were together. But it's fine. Star can rock his chain, but who is he contacting in the middle of the night to comfort him? Her. So, who's truly winning?

Knowing that, Tiana smirked as her eyes focused on the gold chain. When Star caught her staring, she walked over to her with a nasty attitude. "Is there a problem?"

She's the one who always has a problem with something, so Tiana released the most annoyed breath she had ever taken. "I didn't say anything."

"You didn't have to. Your eyes said it all," Star said, rubbing the chain around her neck. "I noticed you keep staring at my chain. Even at Ms. Carlotta's house."

"That's not your chain," Tiana quickly corrected because the bitch was clearly confused. "That belongs to Keem, but why would he give it to you? He loves his chains."

"He gave it to me to prove how much he loves me." Star let go of the chain, her tone smug as she mocked Tiana. "I also heard he never gave you one, which means he never loved you." She pretended to frown. "That has to hurt."

Star was failing horribly at getting a rise out of her. Tiana laughed at her silly ass and took the high road. Star can argue with herself. "Alright. I'm not arguing with you about my ex." She emphasized the "ex" part because Star's clearly threatened. She needs some confidence.

As Star questioned her, Tiana dismissed herself. "Why not?! You had no issue doing it before."

"Well, things have changed," Tiana said, spinning around. "And believe me. There's things I can tell you that will quickly shut you up."