10 | late night chat

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER TEN :
LATE NIGHT CHAT

╚──────────────────────╝

Jamal and Cotton were both present at Empire

Jamal and Cotton were both present at Empire. She was telling him something, and his eyes were on her, but his ears weren't paying attention to what she was saying since the devil was haunting his thoughts.

He had the audacity to claim that Jamal would eventually ask him to kill someone. Is he insane? Jamal didn't know why it was so difficult for that man to accept that he'll never let him be his shooter. However, Lucious warned him that Maurice might try to seek revenge on him for dating Cotton, and Jamal believed that was true.

Maurice was literally stalking him while he was at the store three days ago. Jamal recalled Maurice's grave warning. "You and Cotton aren't going to be together forever. So enjoy it while you can." Maurice sounded so sinister that Jamal had to whip out his phone and call Cotton afterwards.

He warned her that they needed to keep an eye out for Maurice, and she just replied, "Okay." After that, they swept the situation under the rug, but Jamal was always on the lookout for Maurice since he suspected his ass was plotting somewhere. And if he does make a move, Jamal planned on handling it himself. He wasn't running to Lucious's ass.

Cotton continued to ramble, but she soon realized he wasn't paying attention to her. She snapped her fingers in his face, jerking him out of his thoughts. He admitted to not hearing a word she said because he had a lot on his mind. Cotton was aware of what was bothering him. "Is this about Maurice again?"

Of course it was. "He was following me, Cotton. He wants to take me down."

"Maurice isn't touching you. He knows better, since your father is El Diablo. Maurice is terrified of him."

First of all, El Diablo is not his father. Second, she's correct. Everyone is terrified of him, except Jamal. "Well, Hakeem and Cookie are turning out to be exactly like that man."

"What did they do?"

Jamal realized he'd said too much. He trusted Cotton enough to inform her that Hakeem and Cookie were responsible for Edward and Diana's murders, but he knew bringing other people into their family business would be a bad idea. "It's best if I don't say anything. All I know is that they did some fucked up shit and I'm upset."

Cotton's voice wavered as she questioned him. "How fucked up are we talking?"

"El Diablo level."

"Aw, hell na! That's massive!"

Jamal nodded. His skin grew hot just thinking about his dumb family. He lived in a house with people he didn't trust! He wasn't even sure if he could rely on Andre because he was never around! Only Royalty was normal. "Yeah, it is tragic. Cookie wants to host a family dinner to smooth things over with me, and I don't want to go. Nothing she says will make me forgive her."