04 | daddy's home

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER FOUR :
DADDY'S HOME

╚──────────────────────╝

ANGELO

"Have you heard about El Diablo, Angelo?" his mother Diana asked as she knitted on the couch.

Angelo peered out of the window. "Yes mother, I have. That's all everyone's talking about."

"So why aren't you fretting like the rest of the city?"

Angelo looked at her. "Why would I fret?"

She spoke mysteriously. "Oh I don't know. Maybe because Lucious is a psycho and you're dating his ex wife?"

"Exactly. Cookie divorced him so she has every right to move on. And it's really none of his business."

"That man is going to make it his business and he's going to come after you!" Diana warned.

"And you're gonna let him?"

Diana looked at him with a straight face. "You know I'm not gonna let anyone hurt my son. Especially not a Lyon. But why can't I save my energy, Angelo?! Just leave the woman!"

Angelo huffed. "We've talked about this many times, mother. I am not leaving Cookie."

"Why?!"

"Because if the roles were reversed, she wouldn't bail on me! That's why! She'd stick by my side so I'm going to stick by hers!"

"And you might die because of it!"

"And that's why I have you to make sure that doesn't happen."

Angelo gave her a fake smile as she rolled her eyes. Then the doorbell went off and he opened it and saw the woman of the hour Cookie. He invited her inside. "Oh hey baby! I didn't know you were coming over!"

"Yeah sorry, I should've called." And then Cookie saw Diana and halted. She didn't look happy at all.

Diana spoke. "Oh. If it isn't Angelo's favorite type of Cookie."

"I'm everyone's favorite Cookie, not just Angelo's."

Diana knitted some more. "Not mine. I prefer sugar cookies."

"I don't know why because you ain't sweet," Cookie retorted.

Angelo intervened. "Alright, that's enough! I'd appreciate it if you two got along for once!"

"And I'd appreciate it if you dumped her. But we can't always get what we want, can we?" Diana said.

Cookie wasn't even fazed. "What are you even doing here, Diana? Shouldn't you be knitting in a nursing home somewhere?"