48 | cover up

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT :
COVER UP

╚──────────────────────╝

JAYLEN POV

NEXT DAY

Jaylen was staring at Royalty's Instagram because she had just posted a picture of her girlfriend Simone Davis. She was a singer apparently and she was pretty, but Jaylen knew she had nothing on her.

Jaylen commented under the post, but Royalty deleted her comment. She didn't comment anything rude so Jaylen didn't understand what that was about. She tried to text Royalty, but she ignored her. Royalty even avoided her at the club!

Jaylen assumed Royalty was shocked to see her at the club since she was always traveling. The only reason why Jaylen was back in the city was because she wasn't filming anything right now. She was hoping to rekindle her relationship with Royalty, but she already moved on.

Jaylen wasn't even sweating Royalty's relationship because she had no reason to. The relationship was brand new, so she knew Royalty and Simone weren't deep in love yet. She knew she could get Royalty back in a heartbeat because what they had was real love, so she was about to do just that. She was heading to Royalty's house and yes she still remembered where she lived. She remembered everything about Royalty.

Jaylen was hoping she didn't run into any of the Lyons though because they didn't like her. They claimed she corrupted Royalty which wasn't true. Royalty was always like that. She just never had a reason to show it before Jaylen came around. She brought out the best in that girl.

Jaylen knocked on the front door, praying Royalty answered it and not somebody else. And she did, but she wasn't happy to see Jaylen. She tried to slam the door in her face, but Jaylen put her foot in the way. "Nice try. I have fast reflexes."

Royalty had a peeved look on her face. "What do you want?"

"I wanna know why you're avoiding me?"

"I have a girlfriend, Jaylen."

"And what does that have to do with me?"

"Well you're my ex, so it's kinda disrespectful to Simone if I talk to you."

Jaylen laughed. "Okay, let's be real. You're only with Simone because I wasn't around. But I'm back now and-"

Royalty cut her off. "For how long? Because we both know you're gonna have to travel again."

"Don't worry about that. I'm here now, so let's enjoy the time we have together." Jaylen tried to grab her hand, but Royalty pulled away.

"Like I said, I have a girl and you need to respect that."

Jaylen had a hurt look on her face. She wasn't expecting to get rejected like this. "Wow. This is how you're gonna treat the person who changed your life for the better?"

"My family would disagree with you there. They think you corrupted me."

"But we never gave a fuck about their opinion and we shouldn't now!" Jaylen said as she stepped closer. "Come on, I know you miss being young, wild, and free with me!"

Royalty couldn't even lie. "Yeah I do."

That made Jaylen's heart flutter. "Exactly! And you can't be like that with Simone!"

"Actually I can. I think my wild ways are rubbing off on her. She's a party girl now. She smokes weed and everything."

Jaylen's face fell flat. "Wow. So I changed you and you changed her?"