06 | not okay

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER SIX :
NOT OKAY

╚──────────────────────╝

Treasure was also at Empire, wandering around with her cousin Raven by her side

Treasure was also at Empire, wandering around with her cousin Raven by her side. She had intended to spend her time doing something worthwhile, such as composing music in the studio, but Raven was dragging her about as her eyes scoured the area, as if she was looking for someone specific. "Who are you looking for?" Treasure questioned despite having a gut feeling that Jamal would be the answer.

Her assumption was correct when Raven said, "Jamal. I need to keep an eye on him."

"Why are you stalking your boyfriend again?" Treasure sighed in exasperation as she realized how out of control her cousin's behavior had become. Why does she continue to stalk Jamal when she knows he hates it? That's the definition of insanity: doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome. Raven's following statement, however, corrected her.

"He's not my boyfriend. He dumped my ass."

Once Treasure comprehended what had been revealed, her eyes sprung open, and she suddenly stopped moving. "What did you do now?" She could see her cousin giving her an insulted look due to her accusatory tone. With a voice full of emotion, Raven proclaimed her innocence.

"I didn't do shit! Even Jamal said our relationship was fine!"

"Why would he dump you then?"

"He played me, that's why! He wanted Cotton back!"

Damn. Treasure had been right all along. Raven was merely a rebound. "I'm sorry about that."

"It's all good. I'm going to get my revenge with Maurice's help."

"Who the hell is Maurice?" Treasure was utterly lost. Raven had never mentioned him, and she was unfamiliar with his name.

"The guy that Cotton played," Raven informed her. "Those bitches played us both, and they'll pay for it." Her face slowly developed a devilish smirk that terrified Treasure. She understood what that smirk implied: Raven was going to do something that would land her in jail. Treasure wasn't going to stand by and watch as her cousin destroyed her life due to her obsession with Jamal Lyon.

"How about you forget about vengeance? Just go out with Maurice and call it a day."

Raven would, of course, never even think about it. "No! I want Jamal for the rest of my life! And what do I look like having Cotton's leftovers?"

"But you dated Jamal..." Treasure remarked, pointing out that Raven had Cotton's leftovers regardless. Raven swiftly silenced her once more.

"I had him first. Don't forget that. I was his first ex."