69 | partner's in crime

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER SIXTY NINE :
PARTNER'S IN CRIME

╚──────────────────────╝

LUCIOUS

NEXT DAY

Lucious just got done being interrogated by the cops again. Kingsley came with him because he was always going to be Lucious' alibi for what ever murder he commits, even though Kingsley did it this time. The cops were grilling them hard too, but they held their ground.

They're getting away with this.

Lucious and Kingsley entered Lucious' house and faced each other. Kingsley began the conversation. "Those cops really want you in handcuffs, huh?"

"Of course they do. I'm a menace. And I heard that Angelo's mother is a pretty powerful woman, so she's probably doing everything she can to get justice for her son."

Kingsley nodded. "Yeah. Diana Dubois is not to be messed with, but neither are we dad. Hell, I can take her out too if you want me to."

Lucious objected. "No. Then I'll really look suspicious since I'm her prime suspect. We just have to let this play out."

"Okay. They're not gonna find any evidence anyway."

They're damn sure not. "You're right about that, son. Anyway, what do you want to do now? Wanna watch a movie? You seem to be a slasher fanatic now."

"Yeah we can watch a movie, but no slashers. I've seen enough blood," Kingsley replied.

"Don't tell me you're getting tired on me," Lucious teased.

Kingsley chuckled with a shake of his head. He'd never be tired of killing. "No, I just need a break today."

"Okay, we'll watch something else."

"Okay. Do you have popcorn?"

"Yeah, you can pop some in the microwave."

Lucious picked a random movie as Kingsley went to make the popcorn. He didn't bother to read what the movie was about or the genre. He was down to watch anything right now.

Two minutes later, Kingsley came back with two steaming hot popcorn bags. He handed one to Lucious and they watched the movie. It didn't take long for them to realize it was a romance movie, which made Lucious' smile fade away. Romance was not his forte right now.

He and Anika are having an affair and he was starting to grow feelings for her, but Lucious couldn't lie. Every time he was with her, Cookie was always in the back of his mind. He tries so hard to rid his thoughts of her, but he can't. Because the truth is, he still loved that traitor and he wanted her to love him too. He wanted that old thing back.

But he can't get it back and he knew that. That realization made him snatch the remote and turn the movie off. Kingsley ate his popcorn with a puzzled look. "Why'd you turn it off? I was enjoying it."

"I can't watch romance right now. It's too painful."

Kingsley grew defensive now. "Is this about Cookie?"

Lucious nodded. "I'm so mad at her, Kingsley! She ain't acting right!"

Yeah she sure wasn't. It pissed Kingsley off. "I'm sorry she hid her man from you. I'm sorry she moved on altogether. You two are meant to be."

"Yeah we are, but Cookie'd rather act a fool and forget about everything we built together. She really had Angelo replacing me and I can't stand it! But despite what she did, I still love her and I always will. But she'll never love me again and it hurts."

"Well if you're angry, then I'm angry. You know I'm always going to have your back, dad."

"I know, son. I appreciate you."

"Yeah. But don't worry. I'mma fix your heartbreak," Kingsley promised.

"How?"

"You'll see." Kingsley finished his popcorn and headed out of the door. Lucious didn't question him. He just let him go with a curious look on his face. If Kingsley wants to fix his heartbreak, that's fine. But he better not do no stupid shit.

As Kingsley walked out, Anika was walking in. They exchanged hellos and now it's just her and Lucious. "Hey honey. What are you doing here?"

"You know I love spending as much time with you as possible!" Anika gushed.

"Yeah? And what did Andre have to say about it?"

"He was grilling me of course, asking where I was going. I didn't tell him though."

"Why?"

"Because he doesn't need to know about us. It's bad enough he's already suspicious," Anika said.

And that's good. Lucious actually wanted Andre to know about their affair because the aftermath's not going to be pretty. Andre was definitely going to spaz out and hurt someone. And he'll enjoy it. Which will make him realize that he likes being evil and he'll join the dark side.

"Actually, I think he does need to know about us," Lucious began.

Anika didn't understand. "What are you saying?"

"I need you to tell Andre about our affair."

"Why would I do that?!" Anika shrieked.

"Because he'll spaz out and that's what I need! I need Andre to embrace his inner evil!"

"You want him to join the cult?"

"I wouldn't mind that. My goal is to convert all of my family to the dark side, so if you tell Andre you cheated on him with his own father, he's going to rage. Then he'll realize he likes that negative energy."

Anika was hesitant. "I don't know about this, Lucious. I don't wanna say your name."

"Then don't. Just tell him you're having an affair. Either way, he's gonna be pissed."

"Are you sure though? Because Andre is a very calm man. I don't think he's gonna spaz. He might just leave me," Anika warned.

Lucious shook his head. "Trust me, I know my son. This is gonna work, so just cooperate okay?"

Anika let out a huff. "Fine. I guess I'll destroy my marriage for you."

"You already did when you decided to sleep with me."

"And that was the best thing I ever did," Anika flirted. "The question is, did you enjoy it as much as I did?"

"You know I did."

"Alright then. How about we take this conversation upstairs again?" Anika proposed seductively.

And how can he ever say no to that?