80 | la diabla

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER EIGHTY :
LA DIABLA

╚──────────────────────╝

HAKEEM

NEXT DAY

Hakeem was sitting on the couch watching tv, but his show was interrupted by some breaking news. "This just in! Thirty five year old Edward Morris was found dead in his home yesterday. Police say he was shot six times, all in the head."

Everyone has to be wondering who the fuck Edward Morris is because Hakeem didn't even know. But when they showed his picture, he instantly knew who he was. The man who shot him. Hakeem knew who his killer was too. Lucious. Because he told him to.

But that was two days ago, so damn. Lucious is fast. Hakeem needed to thank him though, so he stood up, grabbed his things, and headed for the door. Bella caught him though. "Where are you going, daddy?"

"I'm going to have a chat with grandpa."

Bella's eyes lit up at the mention of Lucious. "I wanna come!"

That wasn't happening. "No you can't come, Bella. You can't see him anymore."

"Why?!"

"Because it's too dangerous! We need to keep you safe and that man is not safe!"

Bella began crying her eyes out right on cue. "I want to see grandpa!!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs and Hakeem had to cover his ears. Now she's attempting to scratch her skin off which alarmed him.

She's doing all of this just because she can't see Lucious?! Hakeem will never understand why she's so attached to that devil, but fine! He'll bring her along because the last thing he wanted was her hurting herself. Or even worse, him.

-

Lucious opened the door for Hakeem and greeted him warmly. "Hello son. Hi Bella."

Bella was ecstatic to see him. "Hi grandpa!"

Hakeem walked into the house and got straight to business. "We need to talk."

"If this is about the gun-"

It wasn't. "This is about the man who shot me. He's dead, so I wanted to say thanks."

"For what?"

Why was he being slow? "For killing him."

Lucious corrected him. "I didn't kill that man."

Hakeem just laughed. "Okay, you can stop your innocent act. This is between me and you. I'm not gonna snitch because I'm the one who told you to kill him."